Henry II, Duke of Świdnica
Henry II of Świdnica, (Polish: Henryk II Świdnicki, Czech: Jindřich Svídnický, German: Heinrich II. von Schweidnitz; c. 1316 – c. 28 June 1345), was a Duke of Świdnica from 1326 until his death (with his brother as co-ruler).
Henry's exact date of birth is unknown, but was assumed that he was significantly younger than his older brother Bolko II the Small, because he was first mentioned only in 1337. He co-ruled with his brother since 1326 after their father's death, but at the end Bolko II take all the government into his hands.
Marriage and issue
- Anna (b. 1339 - d. Prague, 11 July 1362), married on 27 May 1353 with Charles IV of Luxembourg, King of Bohemia and Holy Roman Emperor.
The birth of his daughter, future Holy Roman Empress, was the only important event of Henry II's life, according to the contemporary chronicles. He died by 28 June 1345. It's unknown where he was buried.
- Marek, Miroslav. "Complete Genealogy of the House of Piast". Genealogy.EU.[self-published source][better source needed]
- Cawley, Charles, SILESIA, Medieval Lands database, Foundation for Medieval Genealogy,[self-published source][better source needed]
- Genealogy of the Dukes of Świdnica
- Genealogical database by Herbert Stoyan
- Joachim Bahlcke, Schlesien und die Schlesier, Langen-Müller-Verlag, 2000, ISBN 3-7844-2781-2 (German)
- H. Grünhagen: Geschichte Schlesiens, Breslau 1878 (German)
- Heinrich II. (Schweidnitz). In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Band 11, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1880, S. 615. (German)
Henry II, Duke of ŚwidnicaBorn: c. 1316 Died: c. 28 June 1345
|Duke of Świdnica
with Bolko II
Bolko II the Small