Henry J. M. Barnett
Henry Joseph Macaulay Barnett
|Born||February 10, 1922|
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
|Died||October 20, 2016 (aged 94)|
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Alma mater||University of Toronto|
|Awards||Order of Canada|
From its founding in 1986, he was the president and scientific director of Robarts Research Institute until his retirement in 1995.
In 1984 he was made an Officer of the Order of Canada and was promoted to Companion in 2003. In 1995 he was inducted into the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame. In 2001 he was awarded an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the University of Western Ontario, and in 2012 he was awarded an honorary Doctor of Science degree from the University of Oxford.
- "Obituary of Henry Barnett". humphreymiles.com. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- Diane Peters, "Neurologist Henry Barnett proved Aspirin prevents strokes," Globe and Mail, Nov. 23, 2016.
- "Dr. Henry J.M. Barnett". Canadian Heritage Information Network. Archived from the original on December 16, 2004. Retrieved February 2, 2005.
- Office of the Governor General of Canada. Order of Canada citation. Queen's Printer for Canada. Retrieved 24 May 2010
- "Robarts Council". Robarts Research Institute. Archived from the original on July 29, 2007. Retrieved February 2, 2005.
- "Dr. Henry J.M. Barnett". Canadian Medical Hall of Fame. Retrieved February 2, 2005.
- "The Heart and Stroke Foundation recognizes excellence in research". Pulsus Group Inc. Archived from the original on September 27, 2007. Retrieved February 2, 2005.
- "Western Order of Canada recipients". University of Western Ontario. Archived from the original on October 27, 2006. Retrieved February 2, 2005.