Henry Johnson (guitarist)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
January 28, 1954 |
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
Henry Johnson (born January 28, 1954) is an American jazz guitarist from Chicago.
Johnson started playing guitar in his early teens. Around the house his parents listened to music by Count Basie and Joe Williams. He became interested in jazz when a school band teacher invited students to a concert of the University of Illinois Jazz Band. A second important event for Johnson was in 1967 when he saw Wes Montgomery perform. He entered Indiana University in 1973.
- 1986 You're the One (MCA)
- 1987 Future Excursions (MCA)
- 1990 Never Too Much (MCA)
- 1993 Missing You (Heads Up)
- 1993 New Beginnings (Heads Up)
- 2000 An Evening at Sea (Chiaroscuro)
- 2003 Organic (A440)