Henry Lascelles, 3rd Earl of Harewood
Lascelles was commissioned as an ensign in the 1st Foot Guards in 1814 and fought in the Battle of Waterloo when he was slightly wounded by an exploding shell when carrying the standard of his (Second) battalion of the regiment. He went onto half-pay in 1820, the year he began to serve part-time as a lieutenant in the Yorkshire Hussars Yeomanry in 1820, but he did not fully retire from the regular army until 1831.
On 20 May 1848, he became a member of the Canterbury Association. Harewood Forest (beyond Oxford; now logged out) and the Christchurch suburb of Harewood (where Christchurch International Airport is located) are named for him.
- Henry Thynne Lascelles, 4th Earl of Harewood (1824–1892)
- Hon. Egremont William Lascelles (1825–1892), married Jessie Malcolm and had issue.
- Hon. George Edwin Lascelles (1826–1911), married Lady Louisa Murray, daughter of William Murray, 4th Earl of Mansfield, and had issue.
- Hon. Algernon Francis Lascelles (1828–1845), died young.
- Hon. Alfred Lascelles (1829–1845), died young.
- Lady Louisa Isabella Lascelles (1830–1918), married Charles Mills, 1st Baron Hillingdon, and had issue.
- Reverend Hon. James Walter Lascelles (1831–1901), Canon of Ripon Cathedral and Rector at Goldsborough, married Emma Clara Miles (1830–1911), daughter of Sir William Miles, 1st Baronet, and had nine children.
- Lady Susan Charlotte Lascelles (1834–1927), married Edward Montagu-Stuart-Wortley-Mackenzie, 1st Earl of Wharncliffe, and had issue.
- Hon. Horace Douglas Lascelles (1835–1869), died unmarried.
- Lady Blanche Emma Lascelles (1837–1863), married Henry Boyle, 5th Earl of Shannon, and had issue.
- Lady Florence Harriet Lascelles (1838–1901), married Lt.-Col. John Cust, grandson of Brownlow Cust, 1st Baron Brownlow.
- Lady Mary Elizabeth Lascelles (c. 1843–1866), married Sir Robert Meade, son of Richard Meade, 3rd Earl of Clanwilliam, and had issue.
- Lady Maud Caroline Lascelles (1846–1938), married Lord George Hamilton and had issue.
Styles of address
- 1797–1814: Mr Henry Lascelles
- 1814–1820: The Honourable Henry Lascelles
- 1820–1841: Viscount Lascelles
- 1841–1857: The Right Honourable The Earl of Harewood
- Bain, Rev. Michael (2007). The Canterbury Association (1848–1852): A Study of Its Members' Connections (PDF). Christchurch: Project Canterbury. pp. 50–51. Retrieved 22 September 2012.
-  History of Parliament Online article.
- "[Untitled]". London Standard. British Newspaper Archive. 21 November 1838. Retrieved 6 July 2014. (Subscription required (. ))
- Leigh Rayment's Peerage Pages [self-published source][better source needed]
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Earl of Harewood
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament for Northallerton
With: Sir John Poer Beresford
Sir John Poo Beresford
The Lord Wharncliffe
|Lord Lieutenant of the West Riding of Yorkshire
The Earl FitzWilliam
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
|Earl of Harewood