Henry Lascelles, 5th Earl of Harewood
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
As a child, he lived at Goldsborough Hall in Goldsborough, North Yorkshire, which was the house for the heirs-in-waiting for Harewood House. During his lifetime the Lascelles family were still major landholders in Barbados.
He succeeded to titles of Earl of Harewood, Viscount Lascelles, and Baron Harewood on 24 June 1892.
On October 29, 1881, he married Lady Florence Bridgeman, daughter of Orlando Bridgeman, 3rd Earl of Bradford, and they had three children:
- Henry George Charles Lascelles, 6th Earl of Harewood (1882–1947), married Princess Mary and had issue.
- Lady Margaret Selina Lascelles (1883–1978), married Gustavus Hamilton-Russell, 9th Viscount Boyne and had issue.
- Major Hon. Edward Cecil Lascelles (1887–1935), married Joan Balfour, a granddaughter of George Campbell, 8th Duke of Argyll.
Styles of address
- 1846-1857: The Honourable Henry U. Lascelles
- 1857-1892: Viscount Lascelles
- 1892-1908: The Right Honourable The Earl of Harewood
- 1908-1922: The Right Honourable The Earl of Harewood KCVO
- 1922-1929: The Right Honourable The Earl of Harewood GCVO
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Earl of Harewood
- Goldsborough Hall Web site
- Harewood House Web site
- Henry Ulick Lascelles (1846 - 1929) profile on Wikitree, accessed 2016-12-19
|Honorary Colonel of the Yorkshire Hussars
The Lord Bolton
The Earl of Scarbrough
|Lord Lieutenant of the West Riding of Yorkshire
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
|Earl of Harewood
|This biography of an earl in the peerage of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|