The novelist Anthony Powell CH wrote the accompanying catalogue descriptions of the thirty-one paintings. His sitters were: The Queen; Lord Carrington KG CH; The Princess Royal; Lord Wilson of Rievaulx KG; Lord Home of the Hirsel; Lord Hailsham of Saint Marylebone CH; Lord Armstrong of Ilminster Cabinet Secretary; Baroness Park of Monmouth Principal Somerville College, Oxford; Professor Dorothy Hodgkin OM Chancellor University of Bristol; Lord Penney of East Hendred OM; Lord Zuckerman of Burnham Thorpe OM; Admiral Lord Fieldhouse of Gosport; Admiral Sir John Woodward; Sir John Harvey JonesChairman ICI; Sir Peter Walters Chairman BP; Lord Forte of Ripley; Sir Yehudi Menuhin; Anthony Powell CH; Sir Hugh Casson CH PPRA; Sir Roger de Grey President of the Royal Academy; Sir Richard Attenborough; Sir John Mills; Sir Peter Hall Director National Theatre; Sir Robin Day; Sir Peter Imbert Commissioner Metropolitan Police; General Sir Frank Kitson; Robert Runcie MC Archbishop of Canterbury; Neil MacGregor Director National Gallery; Lord Denning of Whitchurch; and Lord King of Wartnaby.
The Parliamentary Works of Art Committee commissioned Mee to paint Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, former Prime Ministers Lord (Harold) Wilson, and Lord (Alec) Douglas-Home, Lord (Denis) Healey and the Queen.
September 2001 Fine Art Society London, retrospective exhibition Henry Mee Portraits of Eminent Britons.
Lord Melvyn Bragg wrote the catalogue notes for New British Eminencies. His sitters were: Governor of the Bank of England Lord (Mervyn) King; Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne MP; First Secretary of State Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs William Hague MP; Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice Kenneth Clarke QC MP; Boris Johnson, Mayor of London; Alistair Darling MP, Chancellor of the Exchequer; Alastair Campbell, Director of Communications; General Sir Mike Jackson GCB CBE DSO ADC DL, Chief of the General Staff; David Miliband MP, Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs; Lord (Chris) Patten CH PC Governor Hong Kong 1992-7, Chancellor Oxford University, Chairman BBC Trust; Vince Cable MP, Secretary of State for Business, President of the Board of Trade; The Baroness (Eliza) Manningham-Buller DCB, Director General of MI5; The Baroness (PD) James of Holland Park CBE FRSA FRSL, Author; Sir George Martin CBE, Beatles Producer, Parlophone; The Lord (Melvyn) Bragg of Wigton, Chancellor University of Leeds, Editor of the South Bank Show; Gerald Scarfe CBE RDI; Lord in Appeal in Ordinary Lord (Leonard) Hoffmann of Chedworth PC BCL MA. ; and the Alen-Buckley Sisters.
Henry Mee is married with two sons and lives in Hampstead.
- Henry Mee Portrait Painter Website 
- Arts | Who's been here | About the University | University of Leeds http://tldynamic.leeds.ac.uk/leedsyorkshire/graduates/arts.asp Archived 2009-07-26 at the Wayback Machine
- The Times Wednesday May 23, 1990 page 2 Home News.
- Anthony Powell Journals 1987-1989 Indexed Mee, Henry ix-x, 34-5, 71, 81-3, 106, 109-10, 111, 120, 135, 160, 163, 165, 202, 203, 209, 211, 212-14, 220, 222. Published 1986 by William Heinemann ISBN 0-434-00378-6.
- Under Review Writings on Writers 1946-1990 Anthony Powell Cover Painting of Anthony Powell by Henry Mee Published 1991 by William Heinemann ISBN 0-434-59929-8.
- Under Review Writings on Writers 1946-1990 Anthony Powell Jacket illustration Henry Mee (second) Painting of Anthony Powell courtesy of Anthony Powell Published by The University of Chicago Press edition 1994 ISBN 0-226-67712-5 (cloth).
- Modern Painters Volume 3, Number 1 Spring 1990 pages 44-47 with illustrations and Anthony Powell's Painters and Sitters also published in the 1990 British Eminencies accompanying catalogue.
- The Daily Telegraph 21 May 1990 The Arts Hugh Montgomery-Massingberd.
- The Sunday Telegraph 27 May 1990 The Arts 1. Martin Gayford.
- The Independent 15 May 1990, Louise Levene, p. 31.
- The Economist, 19–25 May 1990.
- The Sunday Telegraph 1 March 1992.
- House of Commons Hansard Written Answers for 3 April 2001 (pt 19) www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/.../text/10403w19.htm
- House of Commons Hansard Written Answers for 22 Jan 2002 (pt 1) www.publications.parliament.uk/pa.../text20122w01.htm
- Art in Parliament The Permanent Collection in The House of Commons Catalogue, compiled by Curator of Works of Art Malcolm Hay and Deputy Curator Jaqueline Riding. Indexed Mee, Henry pages 29, 33, 63. Published 1996 by The Palace of Westminster and Jarrold Publishing ISBN 0-7117-0898-3.
- Apollo Magazine May 1992 page 326.
- The Observer 27 April 2009 Review Critics Peter Conrad.
- The Sunday Times 1 October 1995 page 1, Sunday Times Style Magazine cover.
- The Times 29 September 2009 Richard Cork.
- BFI | Film & TV Database | This Morning 29/09/95 (1995) www.ftvdb.bfi.org.uk/sift/title/53666802
- The Times Wednesday June 26 2013 Sam Coates Banking Editor.