Henry N. Benson
Benson was born in Norseland, Nicollet County, Minnesota. He was the son of Peter Benson and Malena (Pehrson) Benson. Benson received his bachelor's degree from Gustavus Adolphus College in 1893 and his law degree from University of Minnesota Law School in 1895. He then practiced law in St. Peter, Minnesota. Benson served as St. Peter city attorney and Nicollet County probate judge. Benson was active in the Republican Party. He served in the Minnesota State Senate from 1911 to 1923. Benson then served as Minnesota Attorney General from 1929 to 1933. He then continued his law practice in St. Peter, Minnesota. He was also Chairman of the Committee for the Augustana Pension Fund and President of the Lutheran Brotherhood of the Augustana Lutheran Church.
- "Henry Nathaniel Benson (b. 1872)". Lutheran Politicians in Minnesota. Retrieved April 25, 2016.
- "Benson, Henry Nathaniel". Minnesota State Archives. Retrieved April 25, 2016.
- Minnesota Legislators Past and Present-Henry N. Benson
- 'Collections of the Minnesota Historical Society,' Volume XIV, Minnesota Biographies 1655-1912, Warren Upham-editor, Minnesota Historical Society, Saint Paul, Minnesota: 1912, Biographical Sketch of Henry N. Benson, pg. 49
- 'Henry Benson, Former Attorney General, Dead,' Winona Daily News, May 11, 1960
G. Aaron Youngquist
| Minnesota Attorney General
Harry H. Peterson
|This article about a Minnesota politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|