Henry Parker, 10th Baron Morley
Henry Parker, 10th Baron Morley (1476/1480/1481 – 3 December 1553/1556), (notes to Parliamentary records show this as 25th November 1556) was an English peer and translator, Lord of Morley, Hingham, Hockering, &c., in Norfolk. He was the son of Alice Parker, 9th Baroness Morley, née Lovel (c. 1467–1518) and her husband Sir William Parker, who was Privy councillor and standard bearer to King Richard III.
He married Alice St John, granddaughter of Sir John St John (1426–1488) and wife Alice Bradshaigh and descendant of Sir Oliver St John and wife Margaret Beauchamp of Bletsoe, by whom he had one son, Sir Henry Parker, who was knighted at the coronation of Anne Boleyn and died in his father's lifetime. The son of Sir Henry Parker, Henry, succeeded his grandfather as Baron Morley. Henry Parker, 10th Baron Morley, had three daughters: Alice, who married Sir Thomas Barrington, Margaret, who married John Shelton, and Jane, who married George Boleyn, Viscount Rochford, the brother of Henry VIII's second wife, Anne Boleyn.
In 1523, he was sent as an ambassador to Germany to present the Order of the Garter to the Archduke Ferdinand (later Ferdinand I, Holy Roman Emperor). He was a man of literary attainments and translated some of the writings of Plutarch, Seneca, Cicero and others into English.
- Parker, Henry, tenth Baron Morley (1480/81–1556), nobleman and translator, by James P. Carley, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, 
- Cokayne, G.E. "Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct, or Dormant", vol. 5, G. Bell & Sons, 1893. p. 372 Google Books
- Burke's Dormant & Extinct Peerage, p417-8
- PARKER (1º B. Morley) Henry Parker on tudorplace.com[unreliable source]
- One or more of the preceding sentences incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Chisholm, Hugh, ed. (1911). "Morley, Barons and Earls of". Encyclopædia Britannica. 18 (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press. pp. 839–832.
|This biography about a translator from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|