Henry Parker (bishop)
|Henry Perrott Parker|
|Born||21 September 1852|
|Died||March / April 1888|
Parker went out as a missionary to India where he rose to be head of the Bengal Mission. Elevation to the Episcopate as the second Bishop of Mombasa came soon after and he sailed for Africa in the autumn of 1886. He died while on a trip to Ussagara in March or April 1888.
- “Mombasa Cathedral and the CMS Compound”: History in Africa – Volume 35, 2008, pp. 209–229 ISSN 0361-5413
- J. D. Mullins, The Wonderful story of Uganda, London, CMS, 1904
- "Parker, Henry Perrott (PRKR871HP)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- ”Eighteen Years in Uganda East Africa” Tucker,A.R:London Edward Arnold, 1911
- The See Of Eastern Equatorial Africa The Times Wednesday, May 02, 1888; pg. 11; Issue 32375; col G
|Anglican Communion titles|
|Bishop of Mombasa
Alfred Robert Tucker
|This article about an Anglican bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Kenyan biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|