Pyrgos in 2017
|Birth name||Henry Benjamin Pyrgos|
|Date of birth||9 July 1989|
|Place of birth||Dorchester, Dorset, England|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||80 kg (12 st 8 lb; 176 lb)|
|Rugby union career|
Rugby Union career
Pyrgos plays for Glasgow Warriors in the Pro14. He won the Pro12 title with the club in 2014-15. He was made co-captain of the side (with Jonny Gray) for the season 2016-17. The co-captaincy has been scrapped by new Head Coach Dave Rennie for the 2017-18 season. The scrum-half remains in the leadership group and has played over 100 matches for the Warriors.
On 6 November 2012, Pyrgos was announced as a substitute for the Scotland versus New Zealand match, the first of the end-of-year test series, and made his debut around a week later when he was brought on in the final five minutes of the match. The final score was 22–51.
His second cap appearance on 17 November was against South Africa at Murrayfield when he scored his first international try, however Scotland still lost with a final score of 10–21. His third cap appearance was against Tonga on 24 November where he made the starting line up. This game was played in Pittodrie in Aberdeen and they lost 15–21.
- "Henry Pyrgos Glasgow Warriors profile". Archived from the original on 2012-11-28. Retrieved 25 Oct 2012.
- "Pro-player draft".
- "Henry Pyrgos".
- "Henry Pyrgos Scotland squad profile". Retrieved 25 Oct 2012.
- "Henry Pyrgos IRB JWC 2009 profile". Archived from the original on 2014-11-08. Retrieved 25 Oct 2012.
- "Seven rookies in Scotland squad". Retrieved 25 Oct 2012.
- "Scotland squad announced for New Zealand match". Retrieved 6 Nov 2012.