Henry Savage (Dean of Lichfield)
He was educated at Haileybury and Christ's College, Cambridge. After this he was elected a Fellow of Corpus Christi College, Cambridge and ordained in 1878. He began his career with a curacy at St Luke’s, New Chesterton and was then Chaplain to the Bishop of Durham. Later he held incumbencies at Pelton, West Hartlepool and South Shields before his elevation in 1909 to the Deanery of Lichfield Cathedral. He died on 19 April 1939. There is a memorial to him within the cathedral.
- “Who was Who” 1897-1990 London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- "Savage, Henry Edwin (SVG873HE)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- Gateway to the past
- "The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory" London, Hamilton & Co 1889
- The Times, Thursday, Apr 18, 1895; pg. 4; Issue 34554; col C Ecclesiastical intelligence
- British History ON-Line
- The Times, Thursday, Apr 20, 1939; pg. 19; Issue 48284; col B Obituary Dr. H. E. Savage
- The Staffordshire Encyclopaedia
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|