Henry Yorke (priest)
The son of Joseph Sydney Yorke, he was born in Bursledon,educated at St John's College, Cambridge and ordained in 1827. He held incumbencies at Aspenden and Wimpole; was a JP for Cambridgeshire; and a Canon at Ely Cathedral from 1859 until his death; he was granted, with his brother's succession to the peerage (in 1834), the style and precedence of the younger son of an earl.
- Death of the Hon. and Ven. H. R. Yorke. The Times (London, England), Thursday, 28 September 1871; p. 6; Issue 27180
- Horn, Joyce M., ed. (1992), Fasti Ecclesiae Anglicanae 1541–1857, 7, pp. 14–15
- United Service Magazine. pp. 215–217.
- "Yorke, Henry Reginald (YRK820HR)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- Mosley, Charles (ed.) Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, vol. 1. (Wilmington, Delaware: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003). p. 470.
- "Yorke, Charles Philip". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (online ed.). Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/30240. (Subscription or UK public library membership required.)
- Our History. Christ Church, Cockfosters. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|