Henryk Melcer-Szczawiński (21 September 1869 – 18 April 1928) was a Polish composer, pianist, conductor, and teacher.
His works include two piano concertos, one in E minor (1892-4) and one in C minor (1898); a violin sonata (1907), and a piano trio in G minor (probably written 1892-4); a tragedy "Protesilas i Laodamia" (1902, libretto by S. Wyspiański), and a Symphony in C minor.
Both piano concertos were recorded in the past on Olympia and on Muza, and in 2007 on Hyperion. The Violin Sonata for Violine in G major, the Dumka for Violin and Piano and the Piano Trio, Op. 2 were recorded by the Warsaw Trio for the AP label.
- MELCER Violin Sonata, Piano Trio AP0111 (JW): Classical CD Reviews- April 2006 MusicWeb-International at www.musicweb-international.com
- Piątkowska-Pinczewska, Katarzyna (2003). Henryk Melcer-Szczawiński : życie i twórczość. Kalisz: Inst. Pedagogiczno-Artystyczny UAM. ISBN 83-913641-6-X.
- "Dreilaenderkatalog im Gateway Bayern" (in German). Retrieved 2007-01-05.
- "Library of Congress Catalog". Retrieved 2007-01-05.
- "Melcer Henryk - biography" (in Polish). Retrieved 2007-01-05.
| Music directors, Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra
|This article about a Polish composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|