Hensley Township, Champaign County, Illinois
Rising road and the Rising Farmers Grain Company elevator in the southwest corner of section 29.
Location in Champaign County
Champaign County's location in Illinois
|• Total||30.16 sq mi (78.1 km2)|
|• Land||30.16 sq mi (78.1 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||774 ft (236 m)|
|• Density||42.4/sq mi (16.4/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0429129|
Hensley Township formed from Champaign Township in September, 1866 as Grant Township, but the name was changed to Hensley on an unknown date.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 30.16 square miles (78.1 km2), all land. The source of the Kaskaskia River is located in section 19 of this township, rising from the Kaskaskia ditch.
Cities and towns
- Mahomet (east edge)
Airports and landing strips
- Andrew RLA Airport
- Champaign Airport (historical)
- McCulley Airport (closed)
- "Hensley Township, Champaign County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Newcomb Township||Condit Township|
|Mahomet Township||Somer Township|
|Scott Township||City of Champaign