17:0 (Lipid numbers)
3D model (JSmol)
|Molar mass||270.45 g/mol|
|Melting point||61.3 °C (142.3 °F; 334.4 K)|
|Boiling point||227 °C (441 °F; 500 K) 100 mmHg|
Related fatty acids
Except where otherwise noted, data are given for materials in their standard state (at 25 °C [77 °F], 100 kPa).
|what is ?)(|
Heptadecanoic acid, or margaric acid, is a saturated fatty acid. Its molecular formula is CH3(CH2)15COOH. It occurs as a trace component of the fat and milkfat of ruminants, but it does not occur in any natural animal or vegetable fat at high concentrations. For example, it only comprises 2.2% of the fats from the fruit of the durian species Durio graveolens. However, in the 19th and early 20th centuries, there were numerous reports of the acid being found in natural fats in significant amounts. Most likely, these were cases of misidentifying a eutectic mixture of palmitic and stearic acids. Salts and esters of heptadecanoic acid are called heptadecanoates.
- Merck Index, 13th Edition, 5775
- R. P. Hansen, F. B. Shorland and N. June Cooke (1957). "Occurrence in Butterfat of n-Heptadecanoic Acid (Margaric Acid)". Nature. 179 (98): 98. Bibcode:1957Natur.179...98H. doi:10.1038/179098a0.
- Beare-Rogers, J.; Dieffenbacher, A.; Holm, J.V. (2001). "Lexicon of lipid nutrition (IUPAC Technical Report)". Pure and Applied Chemistry. 73 (4): 685–744. doi:10.1351/pac200173040685.
- Nasaruddin, Mohd hanif; Noor, Noor Qhairul Izzreen Mohd; Mamat, Hasmadi (2013). "Komposisi Proksimat dan Komponen Asid Lemak Durian Kuning (Durio graveolens) Sabah" [Proximate and Fatty Acid Composition of Sabah Yellow Durian (Durio graveolens)] (PDF). Sains Malaysiana (in Malay). 42 (9): 1283–1288. ISSN 0126-6039. OCLC 857479186. Retrieved 28 November 2017.
- Чёт или нечет? Занимательные очерки по химии, pages 116-120
- "Human Metabolome Database, HMDB02259". Retrieved 2008-11-08.
|This article about an organic compound is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|