3D model (Jmol)
|Molar mass||145.243 g/mol|
|Boiling point||250 °C (482 °F; 523 K)|
|Oral, intravenous, intramuscular|
|Flash point||105 °C (221 °F; 378 K)|
Except where otherwise noted, data are given for materials in their standard state (at 25 °C [77 °F], 100 kPa).
|what is ?)(|
Heptaminol is an amino alcohol which is classified as a vasoconstrictor (C01DX08 (WHO)). It is sometimes used in the treatment of low blood pressure, particularly orthostatic hypotension. It is a potent positive inotrope (improving cardiac contraction) It is classified as a doping substance. In 2008, the cyclist Dmitriy Fofonov was tested positive at the Tour de France. In June 2010, the swimmer Frédérick Bousquet was tested positive for the substance, allegedly for buying a medicine from the pharmacy. In 2013, the cyclist Sylvain Georges was tested positive at the Giro d'Italia. In 2014, baseball player Joel Piniero tested positive  as well as St. Louis Cardinals minor league baseball player Yeison Medina. 
- "Tour rider Fofonov tests positive". BBC. 2008-07-28. Retrieved 2008-07-28.
- "France swimmer Bousquet suspended in doping scandal". France24. 2010-10-24. Retrieved 2010-10-23.
- "UCI notifies French rider Sylvain Georges of positive doping test at the Giro". The Associated Press. 2013-05-15. Retrieved 2013-05-15.
- "Joel Pineiro suspended 50 games". ESPN. 2014-06-30. Retrieved 2014-06-30.
- "Yeison Medina suspended 50 games". ESPN. 2014-09-16. Retrieved 2014-09-16.