|Products||Underwear, lingerie, swimwear, loungewear, Panties, hosiery, sportswear|
|Owner||Andra Group, Inc.|
HerRoom is an online lingerie and men's underwear retailer based in Dallas, Texas. It was founded and is owned by Tomima Edmark, inventor of the TopsyTail. The website was one of the first online retailers to present products with at least 3 different views per item and customer comments. The site also uses innovative tools like neckline overlays and measured drawings. Edmark runs both HerRoom and brother site HisRoom, through her company, the Andra Group LLP.
In 1998, Edmark began an e-commerce retail start-up The Andra Group, Inc.. The initial e-commerce launch was on March 3, 2000. The men’s site, HisRoom.com was launched two years later. After listening to her friends' complaints that they hated having to try on undergarments in department store fitting rooms, she wanted to let women buy bras that fit online. The HerRoom website also links to men's underwear and apparel under the HisRoom.com site.
In 2006, Edmark filed for LP status for The Andra Group.
In 2011, Edmark was awarded business method patent #8,078,498 for using back and side views as well as the front.
HerRoom.com currently carries 254 total brands, the men’s site HisRoom.com includes 87 brands. HerRoom.com’s products include: panties, swimwear, sleepwear, shapewear, hosiery, sportswear, apparel (including dresses, tops, pants, jackets and outerwear), athleisure, maternity wear, lingerie accessories used for cleavage enhancement and UGG lounge slippers.
In 2000, HerRoom patented and launched See It Under feature, is on the left side of individual bra item pages, and shows how that bra will show (or not) under different necklines of tops and dresses.
Know Your Breasts Bra Finder is a multiple choice "test" that asks for age, and gives pictures of many different structural breast types to zero in on the customer's individual type, and gives results via e-mail. Tomima spent 5 years on this tool, bringing in over 500 women to measure and document.
- "The creator of the TopsyTail on life after overnight success — and why it's better to play the long game". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 3 March 2016.
- "There Is an Algorithm for Everything, Even Bras". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 3 March 2016.
- "Online retailer HerRoom.com aims to make bra shopping better". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 3 March 2016.
- "Finding the Best-Fitting Bra With Technology's Help". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 3 March 2016.
- "Tomima Edmark, inventor of TopsyTail and founder of HerRoom.com and HisRoom.com". Entrepreneur.com. Retrieved 3 March 2016.
- "Mary Green keeps low profile with lingerie company". SFGate.com. Retrieved 3 March 2016.
- "Herroom Makes Lingerie Shopping Online Easy". WWD.com. Retrieved 4 March 2016.
- "Andra Group Genpar, Llc". TexasCorporates.com. Retrieved 3 March 2016.
- "The TopsyTail Inventor Scores Again". Dmagazine.com. Retrieved 3 March 2016.
- "Virtual showroom method". Justia.com. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- "New Ways To Solve Bra-Fit Problems". Brawise.com. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- "Firms offer bra basics from A to DD". SFGate.com. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- "Adventures In Customer Support: E-commerce Gets Some New Breast Friends". FastCompany.com. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- Shortsleeve, Cassie. "Finding the Best-Fitting Bra With Technology's Help". Shape.com. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- "Bra Size Bewilderment?". Refinery29.com. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- Schiff, Allison. "Find the right bra—or bust". Dmnews.com. Retrieved 17 March 2016.