From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the 2010 film, see Otōto (2010 film).
Original Japanese poster.
|Directed by||Kon Ichikawa|
|Distributed by||Daiei Film|
In order to achieve a desaturated look for the film, Ichikawa and cameraman Kazuo Miyagawa devised the cinematographic technique known as bleach bypass. Ichikawa had been inspired by the photography for John Huston's 1956 adaptation of Moby-Dick.
- Keiko Kishi as Gen
- Hiroshi Kawaguchi as Hekiro
- Kinuyo Tanaka as Mother
- Masayuki Mori as Father
- Kyôko Kishida as Mrs. Tanuma
- Noboru Nakaya as Patrolman Rokoru Shimizu
- Kyôko Enami as Nurse Miyata
- Jun Hamamura as Doctor
- Hikaru Hoshi as Owner of hiring horse
- Juzo Itami as Son of Factory owner
- Noriko Hodaka as Nurse
- "Festival de Cannes: Her Brother". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 21 February 2009.
|This article related to a Japanese film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 1960s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|