Her Majesty the Decemberists
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Her Majesty the Decemberists|
|Studio album by The Decemberists|
|Released||September 9, 2003|
|Recorded||February 2003 – March 2003|
|Genre||Indie rock, folk rock, baroque pop|
|Label||Kill Rock Stars|
|The Decemberists chronology|
Her Majesty the Decemberists is the second full-length album by The Decemberists, released on September 9, 2003, by Kill Rock Stars. The song "Song for Myla Goldberg" was written years earlier, after Colin Meloy had been a media escort for the novelist Myla Goldberg during a tour following the publication of her first book, Bee Season.
As of November 2005 it has sold 40,000 copies in United States.
All songs written by Colin Meloy.
|1.||"Shanty for the Arethusa"||5:38|
|3.||"Los Angeles, I'm Yours"||4:18|
|4.||"The Gymnast, High Above the Ground"||7:13|
|5.||"The Bachelor and the Bride"||4:13|
|6.||"Song for Myla Goldberg"||3:34|
|7.||"The Soldiering Life"||3:48|
|8.||"Red Right Ankle"||3:29|
|9.||"The Chimbley Sweep"||2:54|
|10.||"I Was Meant for the Stage"||7:02|
|11.||"As I Rise"||2:14|
Note: On some editions, the track listing printed on the actual disc omits "The Chimbley Sweep", though the song is listed on the back of the CD jacket and in the liner notes.
According to the liner notes of Her Majesty the Decemberists.
- Colin Meloy – vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, percussion
- Chris Funk – electric guitar, Oberheim synthesizer, pedal steel, lap steel, dobro, percussion
- Jenny Conlee – Hammond organ, piano, Rhodes piano, accordion, Wurlitzer, backing vocals, percussion
- Jesse Emerson – electric bass, upright bass, percussion
- Rachel Blumberg – drums, percussion, vibes, glockenspiel, backing vocals, organ solo on "Red Right Ankle"
- Cory Gray – trumpet, trombone, hand claps
- Dave Lipkind – chromatic harmonica
- Carson Ellis – Blood-curdling scream
- Kenneth Erlick – Hand claps
- Her Majesty's String Quartet
- Produced by The Decemberists with Larry Crane and Adam Selzer
- Engineered by Larry Crane (tracks 2–6, 8, 10) and Adam Selzer (tracks 1, 7, 9, 11)
- Mastered by John Golden
- String arrangements by Mike Johnson
- Illustrations and design by Carson Ellis, assisted by Colin Meloy
- Layout and production by Brady Clark
- "Her Majesty The Decemberists". Metacritic.
- "Her Majesty – The Decemberists". AllMusic.
- [dead link]
- "The Decemberists : Her Majesty The Decemberists : Kill Rock Stars". Archived from the original on November 3, 2011. Retrieved October 10, 2011.