Hera Pheri (1976 film)
|Directed by||Prakash Mehra|
|Produced by||Satyendra Pal|
|Written by||Satish Bhatnagar
|Edited by||K.H. Mayekar|
|Distributed by||Chaudhary Enterprises|
|3 October 1976|
- For the 2000 film see Hera Pheri (2000 film)
Hera Pheri is a 1976 Hindi crime film directed by Prakash Mehra and starring Amitabh Bachchan, Saira Banu, Vinod Khanna, Sulakshana Pandit, Shreeram Lagoo and Asrani. The film's music is by Kalyanji Anandji and the lyrics by Anjaan.This movie was a 'superhit' at the box office.
Vinod Khanna received a Filmfare nomination for Best Supporting Actor, the only nomination for the film. This is one of six films that Vinod Khanna and Amitabh Bachchan starred together in. At the time, the pairing of the two actors often made the film quite successful, especially since both actors were rising stars gunning for the top spot in Hindi Cinema.
Popular Indian leading man Amitabh Bachchan stars in Hera Pheri, a campy Bollywood musical melodrama about faded friendships and family secrets. Best friends Vijay (Amitabh Bachchan) and Ajay (Vinod Khanna) sever their relationship when Vijay discovers that his father's murderer may be Ajay's own long-lost father, setting into motion a bloody saga of familial revenge that involves a maniacally insane mother and a motley assortment of badly disguised villains.
The film starts with a fight between Vijay and Ajay in an Irani hotel. Later it comes to know that they both are con men and the fight was their trick for money.
- Saira Banu ... Kiran Singh
- Amitabh Bachchan ... Vijay
- Vinod Khanna ... Ajay
- Sulakshana Pandit ... Asha
- Shreeram Lagoo ... Police Commissioner Khanna
- Pinchoo Kapoor ... P.K. / Ghanshyamdas
- P. Jairaj ... Dinanath
- Yunus Parvez ... Dhaniram
- Mohan Sherry ... Sherry
- Urmila Bhatt ... Sudha
- Mac Mohan ... Mac
- Goga Kapoor ... Goga (as Goga)
- R.P. Sethi ... Drunk in Casino
- Vikas Anand ... Casino Manager
- Tarun Ghosh ... Waiter at Irani Restaurant
- Waqt Ki Hera Pheri - Kishore Kumar, Mahendra Kapoor
- Barson Puarana Ye Yarana - Kishore Kumar
- Aap Ka Sakar Kya Kuchh - Asha Bhosle
- Mujhe Pyar Mein Khat - Asha Bhosle
- Kaun Anjaam-E-Ulfat Nahin Janta - Lata Mangeshkar
|This article about a Hindi film of the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|