|Date of birth||October 7, 1928|
|Place of birth||Newark, New Jersey, United States|
|Date of death||March 28, 2008(aged 79)|
|Place of death||Nashville, Tennessee, United States|
|NFL Draft||1950 / Round: 6 / Pick: 67|
Los Angeles Rams
New York Giants
Richard Herbert Rich (October 7, 1928, in Newark, New Jersey – March 28, 2008) was an American football safety in the National Football League for the Baltimore Colts, Los Angeles Rams and New York Giants.
After his football career ended, Rich was an attorney in Nashville.
Rich died at 79 years of age in 2008.
- "Herb Rich, former NFL star, dies at 79". Nfl.com. November 18, 2008. Retrieved January 12, 2011.
- Day by day in Jewish sports history. Retrieved January 12, 2011.
- Nashville's Jewish Community. Retrieved January 12, 2011.
- Football in Baltimore: history and memorabilia. 2000. Retrieved January 12, 2011.
- Get Your Own Damn Beer, I'm Watching the Game!: A Woman's Guide to Loving Pro Football. Rodale. 2005. Retrieved January 12, 2011.
- NFL Football Top 10. DK Pub. 2002. Retrieved January 12, 2011.
- "Former athlete Herb Rich passes away". Vanderbilt University. March 28, 2008. Retrieved September 11, 2009.
- Herb Rich at Find a Grave
|This biographical article relating to an American football defensive back born in the 1920s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|