|Motto: Have you seen Herbert?|
|Post office Founded||1904-10-01|
|• Mayor||Doreen Schroeder|
|• Town Manager||Raegan Funk|
|• Governing body||Herbert Town Council|
|• Land||3.78 km2 (1.46 sq mi)|
|• Density||200.7/km2 (520/sq mi)|
|Postal code||S0H 2A0|
Herbert is a town located in southwest Saskatchewan, just east of Swift Current on the Trans-Canada Highway. This town is also one hundred twenty-five miles west of Regina. Its population as of 2011 was 759.
The Herbert Train Station Museum is the best place to stop for information on the town of Herbert. The train station is located on 625 Railway Avenue. The Klassen Museum (c. 1916) is a Municipal Heritage Property on the Canadian Register of Historic Places.
Herbert has a skating rink and a curling rink, a swimming pool, a number of ball diamonds, and a gym within the school.
Herbert is also home to the Herbert Stampede, a Canadian Cowboys Association approved Rodeo. Herbert Stampede was the CCA's 2008 Rodeo of the year. The Herbert Stampede also features the very popular Wild Cow Race and The Wild West Parade.
Herbert also has a CO-OP store, a pharmacy, a hospital/nursing home, a senior home, a public library, MCC thrift store, and a post office.
- "2011 Community Profiles". Statistics Canada. Government of Canada. Retrieved 2014-08-21.
- National Archives, Archivia Net. "Post Offices and Postmasters". Retrieved 2014-08-21.
- Government of Saskatchewan, MRD Home. "Municipal Directory System". Retrieved 2014-08-21.
- Find a Museum. "Herbert CPR Train Station Museum". Retrieved 2014-08-21.
- Canada's Historic Places. "Klassen Museum". Retrieved 2014-08-21.
- Tourism Saskatchewan. "Herbert Annual Stampede". Retrieved 2014-08-21.
- "2011 Community Profiles". Canada 2011 Census. Statistics Canada. July 5, 2013. Retrieved 2014-08-22.
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2009-02-24.