|Born||10 August 1920
|Died||3 February 1944
|Years of service||?–1944|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Herbert "Puschi" Puschmann (10 August 1920 – 3 February 1944) was a Luftwaffe ace and recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross during World War II. Puschmann claimed 57 aerial victories, 37 over the Eastern Front and 20 over the Mediterranean Front. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership.
Herbert Puschmann claimed his first two victories at the beginning of Operation Barbarossa on 22 June 1941. He would go on to claim another 35 victories between July 1941- August 1942. While participating in the defense of North Africa and Italy, Puschmann claimed another 20 victories. Herbert Puschmann was killed on 3 February 1944 after attacking B-26 bombers that were heading for Rome, after downing a bomber he was hit by one of the remaining bombers and crashed near Civitavecchia. On 5 April 1944 he was posthumously awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross.
- Ehrenpokal der Luftwaffe (17 August 1942)
- Front Flying Clasp of the Luftwaffe
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class
- 1st Class
- German Cross in Gold (24 September 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 5 April 1944 as Hauptmann and Staffelkapitän of the 6/Jagdgeschwader 51 "Mölders"
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 282.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) . Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 — Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Obermaier, Ernst (1989). Die Ritterkreuzträger der Luftwaffe Jagdflieger 1939 – 1945 [The Knight's Cross Bearers of the Luftwaffe Fighter Force 1939 – 1945] (in German). Mainz, Germany: Verlag Dieter Hoffmann. ISBN 978-3-87341-065-7.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Militaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.