Hercules Robertson, Lord Benholme
Robertson was educated at the High School and then studied Law at the University of Edinburgh. He was called to the Scottish bar in 1817. Robertson was Sheriff of Renfrewshire in 1842 and was appointed a Lord of Session assuming the judicial title Lord Benholme, after his mother's family seat.
He died in Edinburgh on 15 September 1874.
- Watt, James Crabb (1893). John Inglis, Lord Justice-General of Scotland: A Memoir. W. Green & Sons. p. 489.
- Dod, Robert P. (1860). The Peerage, Baronetage and Knightage of Great Britain and Ireland. London: Whitaker and Co. p. 114.
- Anderson, William (1863). The Scottish Nation. vol. III. Edinburgh: A. Fullarton & Co. p. 412.
- Edinburgh and Leith Post Office Directory 1857-8
- Debrett, John (1870). Robert Henry Mair, ed. Debrett's House of Commons and Judicial Bench. London: Dean & Son. pp. 428–429.
|This Scottish law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|