From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Herd or herd in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A herd is a large group of animals.
Herd may also refer to:
- Bachelor herd, gatherings of juvenile male animals who are still sexually immature
- Herding, the act of bringing individual animals together into a group
- Herding dog, dog that either has been trained in herding or that is a member of a breed developed for herding
- Crowd control, herding of people
- Herd behavior, situations in which a group of individuals react coherently without there being any co-ordination between them
- Herding instinct, social tendency in humans to identify with and model many behaviors and beliefs after a larger group of individuals with whom they identify
- Sheepdog trial, competitive sport involving dogs working herds of sheep
- The Herd (album), the self-titled first album from the Australian hip hop band
- The Herd (Australian band), Australian hip hop outfit from the suburbs of Sydney
- The Herd (UK band), English pop group
- Herd (surname)
- The Herd (hooligan firm), a group of football hooligans associated with Arsenal F.C.
- Herd (short), a short film directed by Mike Mitchell (director)
- Herding cats (disambiguation)
- GNU Hurd an operating system kernel whose name is a pun on "herd"
- Marshall Thundering Herd, the athletic program of Marshall University, often called "The Herd" by its supporters
- Hird (disambiguation)
- Hurd (disambiguation)
- Heard (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Herd.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.