Here (2011 film)
|Directed by||Braden King|
|Written by||Braden King
|Music by||Boxhead Ensemble|
|Edited by||Nat Sanders|
|Distributed by||Strand Releasing|
Will Shepard (Foster), a solitary young man who lives in the San Francisco bay area, travels to Armenia to undertake a mapping survey in the rural areas of the country to confirm ground features and coordinates with GPS satellite data. There he meets Gadarine Nazarian (Azabal), a spirited Armenian ex-pat and professional photographer, who has returned home to face family issues. She decides to accompany Will on his journey, acting as his interpreter, while taking photographs too. They fall in love as they wander the countryside. Their affair lasts several days, but he has to move on.
The film was shot on location in Armenia.
Here garnered mixed to positive reviews currently holding a 77% positive rating on Rotten Tomatoes based on 13 reviews. Stephen Holden of The New York Times said of the film, "Here, filmed by Lol Crowley, is still a stunner. Flawed as it is, I admire it immensely."
Awards and nominations
- ""Here" Director Braden King". Filmmaker Magazine. 2011-01-28. Retrieved 2012-09-20.
- "Here". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2012-09-20.
- Holden, Stephen (12 April 2012). "Braden King’s ‘Here’ Raises Questions of Philosophy – Loving, and Maybe Exploiting, Armenia". nytimes.com. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- "Here: Awards and Honors".
- "Lol Crowley: Nominated for Best Cinematography". Spirit Awards.