Here Comes Peter Cottontail: The Movie
|Here Comes Peter Cottontail: The Movie|
|Directed by||Mark Gravas|
|Produced by||Evan Bailey
|Written by||Thornton W. Burgess
Kirk De Micco
|Distributed by||Classic Media
Edward Sarson Productions
Here Comes Peter Cottontail: The Movie is a 2005 computer animated film, a sequel to the 1971 Rankin/Bass TV special, Here Comes Peter Cottontail. It was released by Classic Media. It made its television debut on 14 April 2006 on Cartoon Network. It includes several songs, including a pop rock version of the original song performed by Kai Fitzgerald.
Peter Cottontail, now the Chief Easter Bunny of April Valley, has a son named Junior, who annoys his father by making impractical and outlandish inventions instead of doing his duty as the nougat supervisor at the candy factory after the nougat vat catches on fire. Peter assigns Junior to clean the inside and outside of the Clock of Spring, including the Spring of Spring, the important part of the clock. Meanwhile, Peter's old archenemy, Irontail approaches Jackie Frost, the queen of winter, who wishes winter were the only season there was since the sun always melts her work. Irontail, who knows of the Clock of Spring's existence, teams up with her to steal the Spring of Spring. They do so when Junior irresponsibly runs off with his friends Chunk and Sophie for the Calendar Day ceremony. And as soon as the Spring of Spring is stolen, March gains extra days.
Realizing the whole mess is his fault, Junior runs away to find Irontail and Jackie and get the Spring of Spring back. Heartbroken and wishing he hadn't have been so harsh, Peter sends Antoine the Caterpillar out to search for his son. Along the way, Junior arrives at Summer Hill where he meets a clumsy robin named Flutter who gets scolded by his mother to teach him responsibility. They arrive at the Clock of Summer, only to find out that Jackie and Irontail stole the Sun of Summer. They travel further where they meet a perpetually hungry mouse named Munch after saving her from a hawk. They arrive at the Clock of Fall where Jackie and Irontail have already stolen the Leaf of Fall, thus stopping the seasons from changing. All hope seems lost for Junior, Flutter and Munch until they arrive in Colorland where Seymour S. Sassafras supplies the colors that the residents of April Valley use to paint Easter eggs with. To assist them in their quest, Sassafras lets them use his new bust-proof bubbles, which will send them to Winter Ridge, where they will eventually defeat Jackie and Irontail and get the parts of the Clocks of the Seasons back. On the way, they meet a large blue octopus-like creature named Wind who huffs and puffs and blows them all the way to Winter Ridge where they make their way into Jackie's ice castle, only to get caught by Jackie and Irontail when trying to retrieve the clock parts. They then arrive at the Clock of Winter where Junior steals the Snowflake of Winter which powers the clock, plunging the world into permanent winter, but after returning the Snowflake, Wind and Antoine pick them up and drop them off at their homes where they restore the different parts to the Clocks of the Seasons. However, Irontail arrives and ends the Cottontails' joyous reunion. However, Junior deflects Jackie's icy magic, freezing her and Irontail. The film ends with Junior, Flutter, and Munch perform a rock version of the original song while penguins try to un-freeze Irontail and Jackie.
- Peter Cottontail - The Chief Easter Bunny, now a much more responsible, if easily irritable, adult. Peter loves his family, but wishes his son, Junior were more responsible. He still wears the same red and yellow vest as he did in the first film.
- Seymour S. Sassafrass - A jovial and eccentric inventor who supplies April Valley with the colors they use to paint Easter eggs with, except now he has orange skin and pointy green hair, bearing a resemblance to Willy Wonka and one of the Oompa-Loompas and the Mad Hatter from "Alice in Wonderland." He hates bees, explaining to the viewers that "they sting people and interrupt them."
- Antoine - Despite turning into a butterfly at the end of the last film, Antoine has been transformed back into a caterpillar. He assists Peter at the candy factory.
- Irontail - Irontail returns for revenge against Peter. Here, his name was originally "Fluffy" before he lost his tail and changed his name. A clip of the incident with the young child on roller-skates is shown as well.
- Montresor - Irontail's bat. Except now, he is too small for Irontail to ride around on as he did previously.
- Peter Cottontail, Jr. - Peter and Mama's son, commonly referred to as simply Junior. His inventions don't work out as he planned them, but he continues to think positive and dream big. Junior has brown spots on his left eye and ear and wears a purple sweater.
- Mama Cottontail - Peter's wife and Junior's mother. This may be Donna from the first film, but that is not clear.
- Flutter - A young robin who joins Junior on his quest after he literally runs into him and is scolded by his mother to teach Junior responsibility in his quest.
- Munch - A female mouse who is rescued from a hawk by Junior and Flutter, and subsequently comes along for the adventure.
- Jackie Frost - The self-described Queen of Winter, who wishes it were winter forever. She is a blue-skinned female elfin being with brittle, icy hair and is accompanied by several penguin servants. This character was to be originally called ‘Jill Chill’ until it was discovered that the name was already owned by someone else.
- Chunk - One of Junior's friends who is seen when Junior is demonstrating how his Easter Basket Speedshooter works.
- Sophie - Another one of Junior's friends who is also seen with Chunk during Junior's Easter Basker Speedshooter demonstration.
- Elroy - Peter's assistant at the candy factory, possibly a relative to Colonel Bunny's assistant in the original film.
- Wind - A large, goofy octopus-like being who inhabits the clouds and creates winds by huffing and puffing. He helps Junior, Flutter and Munch out on their way to Jackie's ice castle in Winter Ridge.
|Tom Kenny||Peter Cottontail / Junior / Antoine|
|Roger Moore||January Q. Irontail|
|Molly Shannon||Jackie Frost|
|Christopher Lloyd||Seymour S. Sassafrass|
|Greg Berg||Montresor / Various|
|David Koechner||Wind / Elroy|
|Dee Bradley Baker||Chunk / Various|
|Terri Douglas||Sophie / Various|
|Niecy Nash||Mama Robin|
|Jill Talley||Mama Cottontail|
|Pat Fraley||Hawk / Dad Mouse / Chipmunk / Various|
|Mona Marshall||Mother Mouse / Little girl / Various|
|Jason Harris||Bee / Bunny Worker / Various|