Here Comes Summer
|"Here Comes Summer"|
|Single by Jerry Keller|
|B-side||"Time Has a Way"|
|Format||Vinyl, 7", 45 RPM|
In 1959 it spent 13 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100, reaching No. 14, while spending one week at No. 1 on the UK's New Musical Express chart, and reaching No. 8 on Norway's VG-lista, and No. 4 on Canada's CHUM Hit Parade. It was Keller's only hit either side of the Atlantic.
It was also recorded by Cliff Richard And The Shadows and, with different, lyrics by The Dave Clark Five in 1970, but was not as commercially successful. The pop band Child released the song as a single in 1979, again with different lyrics from Keller's original, but it also failed to enter the UK Chart.
- Rice, Jo (1982). The Guinness Book of 500 Number One Hits (1st ed.). Enfield, Middlesex: Guinness Superlatives Ltd. p. 44. ISBN 0-85112-250-7.
- Jerry Keller - Chart History - The Hot 100, Billboard.com. Accessed December 18, 2016.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits: Eighth Edition. Record Research. p. 340.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 103. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- Jerry Keller - Full Official Chart History, Official Charts Company. Retrieved December 18, 2016.
- Jerry Keller - Here Comes Summer, norwegiancharts.com. Retrieved December 18, 2016.
- "1050 CHUM – CHUM Charts". Archived from the original on 28 February 2006. Retrieved 19 December 2016. Chart Number 119, CHUM.
"Only Sixteen" by Craig Douglas
|UK Singles Chart Number 1 single
9 October 1959 for 1 week
"Mack the Knife" by Bobby Darin
|This 1950s single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|