Here We Go Again (Aretha Franklin song)
|"Here We Go Again"|
|Single by Aretha Franklin|
|from the album A Rose Is Still a Rose|
|Released||June 16, 1998|
|Songwriter(s)||Troy Lee Broussard, Trina Broussard, Jermaine Dupri, Trey Lorenz, Mauro Malavasi, David Romani, Wayne Garfield|
|Producer(s)||Jermaine Dupri, Manuel Seal|
"Here We Go Again" is a 1998 single performed by Aretha Franklin and written Troy Lee Broussard, Trina Broussard, Jermaine Dupri, Trey Lorenz, Mauro Malavasi, David Romani and Wayne K. Garfield. The single was the second released from the A Rose Is Still a Rose album in June 1998. "Here We Go Again" went to #23 on the soul singles chart and #76 on the Hot 100. The single was also, Aretha Franklin's fifth number one on the US dance charts  and includes a sample of Change's 1980 track, "The Glow of Love", and a drum sample from the Bad Boy Remix Version (which features rapping by Ol' Dirty Bastard) of the Mariah Carey song "Fantasy", which in turn samples Tom Tom Club's 1981 dance track, "Genius of Love".
Information is based on the album’s Liner Notes
- Lead Vocals: Aretha Franklin
- Background Vocals: Trina Broussard
- Additional Instruments: Jermaine Dupri & Carl So-Lowe
- Co-Produced by Manuel Seal
- Record Producer and Mixing Engineer: Jermaine Dupri
- Recording and Mixing Engineer: Phil Tan
- Franklin, Aretha (16 June 1998). "Here We Go Again (CD5 / Cassette Single)". Arista via Allmusic.
- Franklin, Aretha (16 November 2012). "Here We Go Again (1998) - Lyrics". The World of Aretha Franklin.
- "Aretha Franklin - Here We Go Again Lyrics". metrolyrics.com. Retrieved 2014-05-24.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 216.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Hot Dance/Disco: 1974-2003. Record Research. p. 103.
- "Here We Go Again - Aretha Franklin". whosampled.com. Retrieved 2014-05-24.
- "Fantasy - Mariah Carey". whosampled.com. Retrieved 2019-08-29.
- Franklin, Aretha. “A Rose is Still a Rose” (Album Notes). Arista. 1998.