Here and There (film)
|Here and There|
|Directed by||Darko Lungulov|
|Produced by||Darko Lungulov
|Written by||Darko Lungulov|
|Distributed by||Vivendi Entertainment
Here and There (Serbian: Тамо и овде; translit. Tamo i ovde) is a Serbian film which was premiered at the Belgrade Film Festival FEST 2009. Starring David Thornton and Branislav Trifunović with supporting turns from Cyndi Lauper, Mirjana Karanović, Jelena Mrđa and Antone Pagan.
Cyndi Lauper wrote and recorded a song for the Here and There soundtrack.
|This article needs an improved plot summary. (November 2015)|
Here and There follows two interconnected stories on two different continents. Robert (Thornton), a depressed New Yorker, tries to make quick cash and ends up in Serbia, where instead of money he finds his soul. At the same time, a young Serbian immigrant, Branko (Trifunović), struggles in an unforgiving New York, desperately trying to bring his girlfriend from Serbia to the United States. Mirijana Karanović plays Branko's mother.
Here and There competed at the 2009 Tribeca Film Festival in New York City in the World Narrative Competition and was named Best New York Narrative. Other film festivals in which the film competed in were the Ft Lauderdale International Film Festival (winning the Jury Award), Geneva Cinéma Tout Ecran (winning FIPRESCI Prize and Best Director for Lungulov) and Skip City International D-Cinema Festival (winning the Special Jury Prize).
The film was released to theaters in North America on May 14, 2010. Elsewhere, the film was released in Hungary on March 25, 2010 and Germany on April 22, 2010.
Here and There played for 18 weeks in the US, widest release 5 theaters, grossing an estimated $27,156.
Some Internet critics described Here and There as one of the top 10 films to see at Tribeca.
Los Angeles Times's Kevin Thomas opined that the film is "a wisp of a wry comedy but Lungulov's touch is delicate, even piercingly so, and his direction of actors, especially Thornton and Karanovic, is beautifully nuanced."
- Here and There at Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2010-05-30.
- Cyndi Lauper shares screen with husband on washingtonpost.com
- Ronnie Schieb (2009-04-23). "Here and There". RBI, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. Retrieved 2010-05-22.
- Kevin Thomas (2010-05-21). "Movie Review: 'Here and There' is a touching spot". Tribune. Retrieved 2010-05-22.
- Natasha Senjanovic. "Here and There -- Film Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on 2010-05-18. Retrieved 2010-05-22.
- David Fear. "Here and There". Time Out New York. Retrieved 2010-05-22.
- Official website
- Here and There at AllMovie
- Here and There at Box Office Mojo
- Here and There at the Internet Movie Database
- Here and There at Metacritic
- Here and There at Rotten Tomatoes
|New title||Serbian Oscar of Popularity
The Movie of the Year
Montevideo, Bog te video!