|Elevation||3,671 ft (1,119 m)|
|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
|Area code(s)||458 and 541|
|GNIS feature ID||1136373|
Hereford is an unincorporated community in Baker County, in the U.S. state of Oregon. Hereford lies along the Burnt River southwest of Baker. It is on Oregon Route 245 northeast of its intersection with U.S. Route 26 in Unity. Hereford is 3,671 feet (1,119 m) above sea level.
Although it is unincorporated, Hereford has a post office with a ZIP code of 97837. It is said that the community was named in the late 19th century for a Hereford bull. A post office was established here on March 7, 1887.
- "Hereford". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. November 28, 1980. Retrieved November 18, 2016.
- Oregon Atlas & Gazetteer (7th ed.). Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme. 2008. p. 79. ISBN 0-89933-347-8.
- "Search Results for Hereford, Oregon". CD Light. Retrieved November 18, 2016.
- McArthur, Lewis A.; McArthur, Lewis L. (2003) . Oregon Geographic Names (7th ed.). Portland, Oregon: Oregon Historical Society Press. p. 464. ISBN 978-0875952772.
- Photos of Hereford by Richard Bauer
|This Baker County, Oregon state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|