Hereford is a census-designated place in Hereford Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania. The community lies at the intersection of Pennsylvania Routes 29 and 100, which connect it to East Greenville and to Pottstown, respectively to the south. They continue north on Chestnut Street to Shimerville in Lehigh County, where 29 continues toward Allentown. The Perkiomen Creek flows south through Hereford to the Schuylkill River. As of the 2010 census, the population was 930 residents.
A post office called Hereford has been in operation since 1830. The community took its name from Hereford Township.
- ^ http://www.census.gov/2010census/
- ^ Map of Hereford, PA (Map). Google Maps. 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-25.
- ^ http://www.census.gov/#
- ^ "Berks County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- ^ "Some peculiar post office names in Berks". Reading Eagle. Nov 27, 1910. p. 11. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
Coordinates: 40°26′57″N 75°33′08″W / 40.44917°N 75.55222°W