|• Mayor||Roger Gabriëls (GBL)|
|• Governing party/ies||GBL, CD&V|
|• Total||23.55 km2 (9.09 sq mi)|
|Population (1 January 2016)|
|• Density||370/km2 (970/sq mi)|
Herenthout (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈɦeːrəntɦʌu̯t]) is a municipality located in the province of Antwerp in Belgium. The municipality only comprises the town of Herenthout proper, including Uilenberg. On January 1, 2006, Herenthout had a total population of 8,361. The total area is 23.55 km², with a population density of 355 inhabitants per km².
This village is also well known for having the officially recognized oldest organized carnival parade in Belgium, with the first edition dating back to February 1882. The mascot of the parade is named "Peer Stoet".
- Jürgen Raeymaeckers (1985) – football striker who currently plays for K. Lyra T.S.V.
- Wim Vandekeybus (1963) – actor, choreographer, dancer and film director
- Johan Van Herck (1974) – former professional tennis player
- Population per municipality as of 1 January 2016 (XLS; 397 KB)
- Media related to Herenthout at Wikimedia Commons
|This Antwerp location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|