Heritage Christian Academy (Fort Collins, Colorado)
|Heritage Christian Academy|
|2506 Zurich Drive
Fort Collins, Colorado 80524
|Motto||Academic Excellence. Nurturing environment. Authentic faith.|
|Principal||Michael Cuckler (Head Administrator)
Brian Ness (Elementary Principal)
Dr. Stacy Loyd (Academic Dean)
|Grades||PreK - 12|
|Color(s)||Forest green, black, and white|
|Athletics conference||Mile High League|
Heritage Christian Academy is an independent, private, non-denominational Christian K–12 school in Fort Collins, Colorado, United States, with grades pre-kindergarten (four years old) through twelfth grade. It was formed by families and educators committed to making available a nonsectarian, Christian education in the Northern Colorado region.
Heritage Christian Academy is an independent, non-denominational Christian school, serving grades Pre-K through 12. The school is incorporated in the state of Colorado as a non-profit organization, under the direction of a nine-member board of directors. Founded in 1970 by three local churches, HCA opened its doors to fifty-six students, four teachers, and one administrator under the name Heritage Christian School. Today, Heritage is supported by the Heritage Christian Foundation, is fully accredited, and has over two hundred students.
HCA uses a curriculum that emphasizes a Christian world and life view. The school employs the Principle Approach teaching method, which places principles found in the Bible, such as the principle of self government, at the center of each subject.
- The HCA boys' basketball team won the Mile High League regular season title in 2009 and advanced to the state tournament, where they captured the consolation trophy.
- The HCA track were both represented at State in their very first year (spring 2013), with the boys' team winning first place and the girls' team placing fourth.
- Coloradoan Staff (8 March 2009). "Heritage Christian Headed for State Thanks to McGinley's 3s". Fort Collins Coloradoan.
- Coloradoan Staff (15 March 2009). "Heritage Christian Caps Historic Season". Fort Collins Coloradoan.
- Coloradoan Staff (18 May 2013). "Heritage Christian boys win team title in program's first year". Fort Collins Coloradoan.
- Slater, Rosalie (1965). Teaching and Learning America's Christian History: The Principle Approach.
- Hall, Verna (1960). The Christian History of the Constitution of the United States of America: Christian Self-Government.
- Youmans, Elizabeth (2004). The Noah Plan Self Directed Study in the Principle Approach.