Heritage Christian School (Indianapolis)
|Heritage Christian School|
6401 East 75th Street
|School type||Private Christian Day School|
|Grades||Preschool - 12|
|Color(s)||Blue, White, & Black|
Heritage Christian School is a private Christian day school located in Indianapolis, Indiana, in the United States on the SE corner of Binford Boulevard and 75th Street. There are currently 1,200 students in preschool through 12th grade.
Elementary School: Preschool - 4th Grade
Intermediate School: 5th - 6th Grade
Middle School: 7th - 8th Grade
High School: 9th - 12th Grade
Heritage Christian School is an independent Christian school and is fully accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
Heritage's robust music offerings include choir, band, orchestra, jazz band and praise band. Students at the school perform for the community, lead worship during chapel services and compete at the local and state level. Heritage music programs have won numerous state awards as a member of the Indiana School State Music Association (ISSMA) and national recognition through the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) Foundation.
When Heritage added drama as a high school class elective in 1975, students performed the first official school production of "Cheaper by the Dozen." Students currently perform two stage productions each year; a musical in the fall and a play in the spring.
Heritage Christian School has been a member of the Indiana High School Athletic Association (IHSAA) since 2001 and offers 18 varsity sanctioned sports as well as girls and boys lacrosse. HCS participates as a Class 2A school and have competed in and achieved success at multiple levels across a variety of sports.
- 13 state titles
- 15 semi-state titles
- 19 regional titles
- 50 sectional titles
- 25 city titles
Notable alumni of Heritage Christian include:
- Kent Brantly (1999) - Time Magazine's Person of the Year in 2014; physician and foreign aid worker; contracted and survived the 2014 Ebola Outbreak
- Todd Abernethy (2003) - International professional basketball player; collegiate assistant basketball coach at University of Mississippi
- Dayo Okeniyi (2005) - portrayed District 11 tribute Thresh in Lionsgate's The Hunger Games (2012)
- Jake Short (2008) - actor on the Disney Channel show A.N.T. Farm and Mighty Med
- Kelly Faris (2009) - Basketball player with the Adelaide Lightning in Australia and formerly with the WNBA's Connecticut Sun
- Conor Daly (2010) - GP2 Series driver
Notable parents of past and present Heritage Christian students include:
- Brian Bosma, Speaker of the Indiana House of Representatives
- Derek Daly, former Formula One driver
- Anne Marie Tiernon, news anchor at WTHR
- Heritage Christian School Campus Map
- Note, includes staff Heritage Christian Admissions
- Heritage Christian Admissions
- "Championships - Heritage Christian School Athletics". www.hcsathletics.net. Retrieved 2016-09-29.