Heritage High School (Newport News, Virginia)
|The Heritage High School|
5800 Marshall Avenue
|School type||Public high school|
|School district||Newport News Public Schools|
|Superintendent||Dr. Ashby Kilgore|
(S.T.E.M. and University Magnet)
|Principal||Ms. Shameka Gerald|
|Color(s)|| Maroon |
|Athletics conference||Virginia High School League|
|Rival||Warwick High School|
The Heritage High School, established in 1996, is a public school in Newport News, Virginia, USA. The school, whose colors are maroon and silver (rival to the I.C. Norcom High School Greyhounds in Portsmouth, Virginia due to the similarities in school colors. Norcom's school colors are maroon and gray.), is home to the Heritage Hurricanes. The school is also home to the Newport News Public Schools Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math magnet, or most commonly called STEM, as well as the University magnet. The school is located in the South East End area of the city (Downtown) at 5800 Marshall Avenue. The current principal is Shameka Gerald. She followed Mr. Nichols. The Class of 2015 will be the school's eighteenth graduating class. The school has a twin school, Woodside High School, that was built simultaneously and designed by the same architects.
As of October 2009 
|Talented and Gifted||56||3.7%|
- Darryl Blackstock NFL Player
The Heritage High School's color scheme was accidentally switched with its sister school Woodside High School.
- "Heritage High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 26, 2019.
- "Newport News Public Schools Demographic Snapshot" (PDF). Newport News Public Schools. Retrieved 2009-11-06.
- O'Brien, Marty (3 December 2000). "HERITAGE IN A ROUT - HURRICANES DEMOLISH DINWIDDIE TO FINISH 14-0, WIN STATE CHAMPIONSHIP". Daily Press. Newport News, Virginia. p. B1.
- O'Brien, Marty (15 March 2008). "A FIRST TO CHERISH - HERITAGE GIRLS BREAK STATE BARRIER". Daily Press. Newport News, Virginia. p. D1.