Herkimer Home State Historic Site
House of Nicholas Hermiker, 2009
|Location||Near NY 5 S., Danube, New York|
|Area||160 acres (65 ha)|
|Architectural style||Greek Revival|
|NRHP Reference #||71000539|
|Added to NRHP||February 12, 1971|
The site is north of the New York State Thruway.
The home was built in 1764 by Nicholas Herkimer, who died there in 1777 from wounds suffered in the Battle of Oriskany. He is also buried there. In 1834, the house was owned by Nicholas Herkimer's nephew, John Herkimer.
Services and activities
Picnic area, Scenic views, Visitor Center, Tours, Re-enactments, Gardens, Hiking.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- John G. Waite and Paul R. Huey, Herkimer House: An Historic Structure Report (New York State Historic Trust, 1972)
- Herkimer Home State Historic Site (Official site), at NYS OPRHP
- Herkimer home information
- Herkimer Home, Danube, New York, in LandmarkSociety.org book