Herman C. Hoskier
Hoskier, as textual critic, generally but not entirely supported the Byzantine text-type against the Alexandrian text-type. He compared, in Codex B and It Allies, the text of Codex Vaticanus with Codex Sinaiticus, and showed how many significant disagreements the best witnesses of the Alexandrian text have. Hoskier attempted to demonstrate that Vaticanus presents a text which has been conformed to the Coptic versions. Hoskier compared text of the Minuscule 700 with the Textus Receptus and exhibits 2724 differences.
Hoskier collated every known Greek manuscript of the Apocalypse up to 1918. This took 30 years. The result of this work was published in 1929 (Concerning the Text of the Apocalypse). Hoskier shows parallels between Papyrus 46 and the Ethiopic Version in the Pauline epistles.
- A Full Account and Collation of the Greek Cursive Codex Evangelium 604, London, 1890. (with two facsimiles)
- Concerning the Genesis of the Versions of the New Testament (1910) (2 vols.)
- The golden Latin Gospels in the library of J. Pierpont Morgan (1910).
- Concerning the date of the Bohairic Version (1911)
- Collation of Codex 157 (ROME. VAT. URB. 2) JTS (1913)
- The Lost Commentary of Oecumenius on the Apocalypse (1913)
- Codex B and Its Allies, a study and an indictment, Bernard Quaritch (London 1914). (Volume 1–Volume 2)
- The text of Codex Usserianus 2., or2 (microform) ("Garland of Howth") with critical notes to supplement and correct the collation of the late T. K. Abbott, Bernard Quaritch (London 1919)
- Immortality (The Daniel Company, 1925).
- The Complete Commentary of Oecumenius on the Apocalypse. 1928.
- Concerning the Text of the Apocalypse: Collation of All Existing Available Greek Documents with the Standard Text of Stephen’s Third Edition Together with the Testimony of Versions, Commentaries and Fathers. 1–2. London: Bernard Quaritch. 1929. vol. I
- The Bronze Horses (The Mosher press, 1930).
- What is Nirvana? (The Mosher press, 1930).
- In Tune with the Universe (London: Rider & Co.,1932).
- The back of beyond (The Daniel Company, 1934).
- A commentary on the various readings in the text of the epistle to the Hebrews in the Chester-Beatty Papyrus P46 (circa 200 A.D.), Bernard Quaritch, (London 1938)
- He was a Member of the Union Bank of London, and a Director of the Guinness Brewery.
- Appendix to an Article on the Chester-Beatty Papyrus of the Pauline epistels Archived 2008-07-05 at the Wayback Machine..