This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||November 9th, 1976|
|Genres||Folk rock, Indie Rock, Alternative, Indie Folk, Americana, Alt Country|
The Track & Field Organisation
City Slang Records
Strange Moosic Records
Santa Cruz Records
|Associated acts||Black Yaya|
|Members||David Ivar Herman Dune|
|Past members||André Herman Düne|
Néman Herman Dune
Herman Dune is a Swedish-French act based in San Pedro, California. Herman Dune has been described as INDIE-ROCK, ANTI-FOLK, FOLK-ROCK, ALTERNATIVE, AMERICANA and ALT-COUNTRY.
The band have been compared to The Velvet Underground, Lucinda Williams or The Silver Jews. Herman Dune is currently fronted by David Ivar Herman Dune, founder of the Herman Dune name in the early 1990s.
John Peel (Legendary BBC1 DJ, who created the PEEL SESSIONS) once claimed to recognize Herman Dune guitars the fastest and Jolie Holland called Herman Dune "The Leonard Cohen I know".
David Ivar is also a painter and shows his art around the world, from Miami Art Basel to the Paris FIAC.
Herman Dune has associated with Turner Cody, James Levy, or Caitlin Rose.
Herman Dune started as a trio with brothers David Ivar and André singing and writing, and drummer Omé, David Ivar's childhood friend. From 2000, they released They Go To The Woods (2000 Shrimper) - Turn Off The Light (2000 Prohibited)
In 2001, Drummer Neman joined Herman Dune for all subsequents albums: Switzerland Heritage (Prohibited), Mash Concrete Metal Mushroom (Shrimper), Mas Cambios (Track & Field), Not On Top (Track & Field).
In 2006, Andre left Herman Dune (after recording songs for the next album).
Herman Dune then released Giant (Source Etc/EMI/Virgin) in 2006 Next Year In Zion (Source Etc/EMI/Everloving) in 2008 and Strange Moosic (Strange Moosic/Gum) in 2011.
After a long halt and moving to San Pedro, California, in 2015, David Ivar released Sweet Thursday on Santa Cruz Records and Santa Cruz Gold on Santa Cruz Records, both in 2018 
Between 2013 and 2018, while still performing as Herman Dune, David Ivar also performed as Black Yaya, with the eponymous album Black Yaya (City Slang) and the album Rattle Snake, a concept album about Bonnie & Clyde.
From 2006, André has been pursuing his own solo career as Stanley Brinks.
Omé is a MD, PHD at Hôpital Bichat in Paris, France.
Néman is the frontman of the band Zombie Zombie.
- Turn Off the Light (2000, Prohibited Records)
- They Go to the Woods (2001, Shrimper Records)
- Switzerland Heritage (2001, Prohibited Records)
- The Whys and the Hows of Herman Düne & Cerberus Shoal (with Cerberus Shoal) (2002, North East Indie Records )
- Mas Cambios (2003, The Track & Field Organisation)
- Mash Concrete Metal Mushroom (2003, Shrimper Records)
- Not on Top (2005, The Track & Field Organisation)
- Giant (2006, Source Etc.)
- Next Year in Zion (Fall 2008, Source Etc., Everloving Records, Cityslang)
- Strange Moosic (May 2011, Indie Europe/Zoom)
- Mariage á Mendoza (2013, Strange Moosic/Gum)
- Sweet Thursday (2018, Santa Cruz Records)
- Santa Cruz Gold (2018, Santa Cruz Records)
- Money Makers on My Back (1997, self release)
- Glow in the Dark EP (1998, Ruminance Records)
- The Fire EP (2000, Prohibited Records)
- Between the Little Houses (2001, Prohibited Records)
- A Wiser Man (2004, Hype City Records)
- Jackson Heights EP (2005, The Track & Field Organisation)
- Not on top (2006, The Track & Field Organisation)
- I Wish That I Could See You Soon (2007, Source Etc.)
- 1-2-3 / Apple Tree (2008, [2008, Source Etc.)
- My Home Is Nowhere Without You (2008, Everloving Records)
- Tell Me Something I Don't Know (2011, Indie Europe/Zoom)
- Herman Düne
- Herman Düne on Label Gum (Green United Music)
- Herman Dune on Discogs
- Live review - Herman Düne – The Shed, Cambridge, 19 April 2007 on The Line Of Best Fit
- "Herman Dúne omgivna av myter", interview in Svenska Dagbladet, 2 January 2007 (Swedish)
- Herman Düne plays with Turner Cody on 60 seasons, a compilation 2000-2005
- Pitchfork review, I Wish That I Could See You Soon
- 'Next Year in Zion' Song by Song descriptions by Daid-Ivar Herman Dune, November 2008