|Born||18 November 1949|
|Genres||Hard rock, heavy metal|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, record producer|
|Instruments||Drums, percussion, keyboards, piano|
|Associated acts||Scorpions, Herman Ze German, Michael Schenker's Temple of Rock, Rock Wolves, Missus Beastly, RS Rindfleisch|
Herman Rarebell (born 18 November 1949 as Hermann Josef Erbel) is a German musician, best known as the drummer for the band Scorpions from 1977 to 1995, during which time he played on eight studio albums. Aside from playing drums, Rarebell wrote or co-wrote several songs for the group such as "Another Piece of Meat", "Falling in Love" and "Passion Rules the Game". He composed the lyrics for some of the band's most well known songs such as "Rock You Like a Hurricane", "Make It Real", "Dynamite", "Blackout", "Arizona", "Bad Boys Running Wild", "Don't Stop at the Top", and "Tease Me Please Me".
Herman Rarebell received his education in the subjects drums and piano at the Musikhochschule Saarbrücken. Rarebell played drums from 1965 with the band The Mastermen, from 1968 with The Fuggs Blues and RS Rindfleisch, with whom he released one single and performed in the clubs of the US military throughout Germany. In 1972-73 he played on three albums by the Krautrock band Missus Beastly, with a line-up consisting of three RS Rindfleisch members with a new singer and two additional musicians. The following year he joined the band Onyx after the name change to Vineyard. During his time in Scorpions, Rarebell released two solo albums Nip in the Bud (1981) and Herman Ze German (1986)
Rarebell has been a long-time user of Ludwig drums and Paiste cymbals, which he used for his entire duration with Scorpions, though he would occasionally alter the amount of drums and cymbals he would have on his setup.
- 1972 - Volksmusik
- 1973 - Spinatwachtel
- 1973 - Weramean · Missus Beastly (split) - Super Rock Made In Germany / Im Garten Des Schweigens
- 1977 - Taken By Force
- 1978 - Tokyo Tapes
- 1979 - Lovedrive
- 1980 - Animal Magnetism
- 1982 - Blackout
- 1984 - Love At First Sting
- 1985 - World Wide Live
- 1988 - Savage Amusement
- 1990 - Crazy World
- 1993 - Face The Heat
- 1995 - Live Bites
- 1981 - Nip in the Bud
- 1986 - Herman Ze German
- 1986 - Herman Ze German And Friends (Single) Wipe Out b/w Pancake
- 2005 - Drum Legends(Rarebell/York/Antolini)
- 2007 - I’m Back (released in Germany, not distributed in the US)
- 2008 - My Life as a Scorpion
- 2008 - Herman's Collection (Best of solos)
- 2010 - Herman Ze German + My life as a Scorpion Box set
- 2010 - HZG- "Top of the Rock" (Single) 
- 2010 - Take It As It Comes (US version of "I’m Back") 
- 2013 - Acoustic Fever
- 2020 - Thomas Tomsen - "No Return To Earth"
- "Rs Rindfleisch Original Handsignierte Autogramme/autogrammkarte ( Rar ) • EUR 33,16". PicClick DE (in German). Retrieved 2019-04-05.
- "RS Rindfleisch". Discogs. Retrieved 2019-04-05.
- "Missus Beastly (2)". Discogs. Retrieved 2019-04-05.
- "Herman Rarebell "Top of the Rock" (single) Sweet Sounds/Interscope, Produced by Duke Jackson". Sweetsounds.us. Archived from the original on 2011-11-02. Retrieved 2011-10-25.
- "Herman Rarebell Discusses 'Take It As It Comes' Solo Album In Interview - Sep. 8, 2010". Roadrunnerrecords.com. Retrieved 2011-10-25.[permanent dead link]