Hero (2012 film)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)
|Written by||Vinod Guruvayur|
|Produced by||G.P. Vijayakumar|
|Narrated by||Anoop Menon|
|Cinematography||Bharani K Dharan|
|Edited by||Samjith Muhammad|
|Music by||Gopi Sunder|
|Distributed by||Seven Arts International Release|
Hero is a 2012 Indian Malayalam-language action-comedy thriller drama film directed by Diphan. It stars Prithviraj Sukumaran, Srikanth Krishnamachari, Yami Gautam, and Anoop Menon in lead roles. The film is produced by G.P. Vijayakumar. The soundtrack is scored by Gopi Sunder along with lyrics by Anil Panachooran.
Dharmarajan master is a famous stunt master who worked in many films and had a lot of students. He was out from the field for a long time. Dharmarajan master needs some money for his daughter's marriage. So he visits one of his old students Aadhityan, who is one of the famous and top rated Directors in the film industry. Aadhityan gives a chance to master. Master seeks help from his several students to assist him with the job, but no one helps him. He visits "Tarzan" Antony who was his favorite student who left him because of some personal issues. Antony agrees and joins the set. There he meets the hero of the film, Premanand, who is a top actor in Malayalam cinema and the son of the Home minister, and heroine is Gowri Menon, who is one of the top actresses in the industry. Premanand is like a sinking ship and needs a hit, so he joins his friend Aadhityan for the film. Meanwhile, Premanand likes Gowri and wants to marry her. He tries to impress her in several ways but she ignores him. Antony's dedication to his works and amazing stunts impresses Gowri. The film gets released and it becomes a success. The audience who don't know the actual hero behind the screen appreciates Premanand for the action sequences while Gowri, Aadhityan and the whole crew appreciates Antony for his work. Later, Gowri and Antony fall in love with each other. Premanand decides to destroy Antony who is a hindrance between him and Gowri. At that time Aadhityan announces his next project with the same cast and crew. Premanand wants to remove Antony from the project, but, Aadhityan in turn removes Premanand from the film and make Antony the hero. This angers Premanand and he takes revenge by plotting to kill Antony, but ends up killing Antony's father. Aadhityan tells Antony to let matters lie low for a while before he takes his revenge. Once the filming for the film gets over, Antony goes to Premanand and Gowri's brother to take revenge for killing his father and when he returns it is shown that the audience has accepted Antony as the new "Hero" and Antony and Gowri are more than happy to openly accept their relation.
- Prithviraj Sukumaran as “Tarzan” Antony
- Srikanth Krishnamachari as Premanand (voiceover by Mithun Ramesh)
- Yami Gautam as Gowri Menon
- Thalaivasal Vijay as Dharmarajan Master (voiceover by Shobi Thilakan)
- Anoop Menon as Aadhityan
- Nedumudi Venu as Thankachan, Antony's father
- Bala Kumar as Udayanand
- Tini Tom as Suni
- Anil Murali as Hakkim Bhai
- Kottayam Nazeer as Bhasha
- Chalil Baby as A.C.P. Thomas Alex
- Nandhu Krishnamurthy as Sathyan
- Sudheer Karamana as Muthu
- Kiran Raj as Eldo
- Sadiq Muhammed as C.I. Honey Das
- Jaffar Idukki as Murugan Desentmukku
- Arun Cherukavil as Goutham Menon
- Indrans Kochuvelu as Pallan
- K. P. A. C. Lalitha as Mary Thankachan
- Malavika Menon as Annie Thankachan
- Rosin Jolly
- Sarayu Mohan
- Joy John Antony
- Alwyn Fernandus
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||13 May 2012|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Gopi Sunder chronology|
|1.||"Nero Nero"||Anil Panachooran||Gopi Sunder||4:38|
|2.||"Mayathe Ormayil"||Anil Panachooran||Haricharan, Chinmayi||4:52|
|3.||"Tarzan Antony coming back cinema"||Anil Panachooran||Prithviraj, Gopi Sunder||4:25|
|4.||"Kaar Kaar"||Gopi Sunder||4:14|
The film was released on 25 May 2012 worldwide and got mixed reviews from both the critics and audiences. The film proved an "average" at the box office.
- "'Hero' only on 25". IndiaGlitz. Archived from the original on 29 May 2012. Retrieved 24 May 2012.
- "The 'Hero' Raja with his latest muscle-packed look". IndiaGlitz. 7 May 2012. Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- "Srikanth, the 'Nanban' of 'Hero'". IndiaGlitz. 18 January 2012. Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- "Action master turned 'Hero'". IndiaGlitz. 10 January 2012. Retrieved 9 May 2012.