|Born||6 November 1997|
London, England, UK
|Relatives||Mark Fiennes (grandfather)|
Jennifer Lash (grandmother)
Ralph Fiennes (uncle)
Magnus Fiennes (uncle)
Sophie Fiennes (aunt)
Joseph Fiennes (uncle)
Hero Fiennes-Tiffin (born 6 November 1997) is an English actor and model best known for his role as the 11-year-old Tom Riddle, the young version of antagonist Lord Voldemort (played in the films by his uncle, Ralph Fiennes), in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, the sixth installment of the Harry Potter films. He also played the role of "younger Charlie" in the war based film Private Peaceful. Hero will portray Hardin Scott, in the upcoming movie After, an adaptation of the novel by Anna Todd.
Fiennes Tiffin was born in London to film directors George Tiffin and Martha Fiennes, and educated at Emanuel School in Battersea. He has an older brother and a younger sister. He is a member of the Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes family and great-grandson of Sir Maurice Fiennes. His uncles are the actors Ralph Fiennes and Joseph Fiennes.
Fiennes Tiffin made his first film appearance as Spartak in the 2008 drama, Bigga Than Ben. Fiennes Tiffin earned the part of young Voldemort even though thousands of young actors auditioned for the role; at least one publication, however, has alleged his family relation alone landed him the part. David Yates, director of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, said Fiennes Tiffin was cast as Tom Riddle due to his ability to find "the darker space" in his line readings. Yates said he did not get the role due to his relation to Ralph Fiennes, who was his maternal uncle, but admitted the family resemblance was "a clincher". Yates described the actor as "very focused and disciplined" and said he "got the corners and dark moods and odd spirit of the character" and had a "wonderful haunted quality that seemed to bring Tom Riddle alive on-screen for us."
|2007||Bigga Than Ben||Spartak|
|2009||Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince||Tom Riddle (aged 11)|
|2012||Private Peaceful||Young Charlie|
|2016||Possession With Intent To Supply||Jack|
|2017||ERDEM X H&M The Secret Life of Flowers short film||Adam|
|2018||Safe||Ioan Fuller||5 episodes|
|2018||The Tunnel||Leo||Season 3 Episode 5|
|2019||Cleaning Up||Jake||5 episodes|
- "Casting Is Complete on 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.'" Distributed by PR Newswire on behalf of Warner Bros. Pictures, 16 November 2007. Retrieved 2008-08-19.
- Mosley, Charles, ed. (2003). Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knighthood (107 ed.). Burke's Peerage & Gentry. p. 3534. ISBN 0-9711966-2-1.
- Alberge, Dalya. "Voldemort's nephew has the villainous blood for film role." The Times, 17 November 2007. Retrieved on 2008-08-19.
- "Jennifer Lopez Elected 'Governess'". New York. 29 July 2008. Retrieved on 2008-08-21.
- Jensen, Jeff. "There Will Be 'Half-Blood.'". Entertainment Weekly, Iss. #1007/1008, 22/29 August 2008. pg. 39. Retrieved on 2008-08-19.
- Puig, Claudia. "'Potter' trailer unveils a young Voldemort." USA Today, Life section, 30 July 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-19.
- "'After' Movie: Release Date, Cast, Plot, Trailers, And Everything You Need To Know". PopBuzz. Retrieved 2018-09-03.