Heroes (season 4)
|Heroes (season 4)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||18|
|Original release||September 21, 2009– February 8, 2010|
The NBC science fiction serial drama series Heroes follows the lives of people across the globe who possess various superhuman powers as they struggle to cope with their everyday lives and prevent foreseen disasters from occurring. The fourth season premiered on September 9, 2009, and was released on DVD on July 27, 2010.
New characters are introduced in this season, mostly centred around a carnival troupe and their leader.
Cast and characters
- Hayden Panettiere as Claire Bennet
- Robert Knepper as Samuel Sullivan
- Jack Coleman as Noah Bennet
- Zachary Quinto as Sylar
- Milo Ventimiglia as Peter Petrelli
- Masi Oka as Hiro Nakamura
- Greg Grunberg as Matt Parkman
- Cristine Rose as Angela Petrelli
- Adrian Pasdar as Nathan Petrelli
- James Kyson Lee as Ando Masahashi
- Ali Larter as Tracy Strauss
- Sendhil Ramamurthy as Mohinder Suresh
- Dawn Olivieri as Lydia
- Madeline Zima as Gretchen Berg
- Ray Park as Edgar
- Deanne Bray as Emma Coolidge
- Elisabeth Röhm as Lauren Gilmore
- Daryl Crittenden as Chris Bowman
- Jimmy Jean-Louis as The Haitian
- Lisa Lackey as Janice Parkman
- Todd Stashwick as Eli
- David H. Lawrence XVII as Eric Doyle
- Ashley Crow as Sandra Bennet
- Harry Perry as Damien
- Sasha Pieterse as Amanda Strazzulla
- Saemi Nakamura as Kimiko Nakamura
- Carlease Burke as Nurse Hammer
- Sally Champlin as Lynette the Waitress
- Assaf Cohen as Hesam
- Jayma Mays as Charlie Andrews
- Tessa Thompson as Rebecca Taylor
- Jack Wallace as Arnold
- Rick Worthy as Mike
- Kate Vernon as Vanessa Wheeler
- Mark L. Young as Jeremy Greer
- Louise Fletcher as Dr. Coolidge
- Ernie Hudson as Captain Lubbock
- Željko Ivanek as Emile Danko
- Rachel Melvin as Annie
- Swoosie Kurtz as Millie Houston
- Daniel Newman as Jimmy Keppler
- Richard Roundtree as Charles Deveaux
- George Takei as Kaito Nakamura
- Tamlyn Tomita as Ishi Nakamura
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date [A]||U.S. viewers
|Volume Five: Redemption|
|60||1||"Orientation"||Ed Bianchi & David Straiton||Adam Armus & Kay Foster and Tim Kring||September 21, 2009||5.77|
|Double-length episode. Claire starts as a freshman in college, but cannot fully leave her old life behind. Peter returns to his job as a paramedic, saving people with the help of Mohinder's abilities. Hiro and Ando have started a "Dial a Hero" business, but Hiro is not in control of his power and believes himself to be dying. Angela is worried about Nathan, who is starting to display Sylar's abilities. Samuel, Lydia and Edgar use their abilities to find other Heroes. Tracy continues to hunt down former Building 26 employees, including Noah and Danko. Sylar's consciousness manifests itself inside Matt's mind.|
|61||2||"Ink"||Roxann Dawson||Aron Eli Coleite||September 28, 2009||5.82|
|Samuel attempts to manipulate Peter into filling his brother's position at the carnival. While facing the consequences of this, Peter meets a reluctant new hero. Claire tries to adjust to college life and the revelation of her ability. Sylar uses Matt's ability against him in a bid to return to his body.|
|62||3||"Acceptance"||Christopher Misiano||Bryan Fuller||October 5, 2009||5.41|
|Hiro distracts himself by helping others, and in the process learns to accept his own situation. Angela helps Nathan remember his past, but instead uncovers a long-buried secret. Tracy seeks out her old job but wants to do more to help people. Noah begins to drift back to his old life.|
|63||4||"Hysterical Blindness"||SJ Clarkson||Joe Pokaski||October 12, 2009||5.64|
|Sylar wakes up with no memories. Claire discovers that there is more to her new roommate than what she already knows. Peter helps Emma to better understand her ability. Samuel seeks out a new member to the carnival family.|
|64||5||"Tabula Rasa"||Jim Chory||Rob Fresco||October 19, 2009||5.67|
|Sylar starts his journey to rediscover himself with the help of Samuel. Hiro shows Emma how to accept her ability and the possibilities it brings. Peter enlists Noah's help in finding a healer to save Hiro.|
|65||6||"Strange Attractors"||Tucker Gates||Juan Carlos Coto||October 26, 2009||5.86|
|Matt looks for a way to get rid of Sylar after he learns to take control of his body. Noah enlists the help of Tracy in order to help free Jeremy from the police. Claire is concerned that someone wants to eliminate Gretchen during a treasure hunt for their sorority.|
|66||7||"Once Upon a Time in Texas"||Nate Goodman||Aron Eli Coleite & Aury Wallington||November 2, 2009||6.18|
|Hiro travels three years into the past to save Charlie's life from the hands of Sylar, only to have things complicated by Samuel's presence. Meanwhile something from Noah's past is revealed.|
|67||8||"Shadowboxing"||Jim Chory||Misha Green & Joe Pokaski||November 9, 2009||5.35|
|Though Peter's new ability is helpful in his job, it is trying on him until he uses it to help Emma. Claire learns that the sorority rush attack happened because of something her father did. Sylar's battle to control Matt's body moves into dangerous territory.|
|68||9||"Brother's Keeper"||Bryan Spicer||Rob Fresco & Mark Verheiden||November 16, 2009||5.07|
|Mohinder discovered something shocking on an old film reel nine weeks ago. Hiro travels back in time to retrieve that film for Samuel. Tracy begins to lose control of her ability. Nathan and Peter go to Matt, only to discover the truth about Sylar.|
|69||10||"Thanksgiving"||Seith Mann||Adam Armus & Kay Foster||November 23, 2009||5.17|
|Three Thanksgiving dinners. The Petrellis: Nathan and Peter confront Angela about the truth with disastrous consequences. The Bennets: a dinner full of drama between Claire and Noah. The Carnival Folk: Hiro travels back in time with Lydia to discover the truth about Joseph's death while Samuel learns of the full potential of his ability.|
|70||11||"The Fifth Stage"||Kevin Dowling||Tim Kring||November 30, 2009||5.90|
|Claire travels to the carnival and finds an open invitation. Noah confesses the truth to Lauren about their past relationship. Peter uses the Haitian's ability to get rid of Sylar and bring back Nathan, but must deal with an unexpected choice by Nathan.|
|71||12||"Upon This Rock"||Ron Underwood||Juan Carlos Coto||January 4, 2010||5.30|
|Claire searches for answers as she is suspicious of Samuel's true motives. Samuel seeks out Emma in hopes she can help him find someone. Hiro seeks out Ando for his assistance on a new mission but has trouble communicating his intentions.|
|72||13||"Let It Bleed"||Jeannot Szwarc||Jim Martin||January 4, 2010||4.57|
|Peter has trouble coping with Nathan's death as Claire tries to console him. Sylar returns to the Carnival to kill Samuel, only to discover something unexpected. Edgar and Noah team up to find a way of bringing down Samuel.|
|73||14||"Close to You"||Roxann Dawson||Rob Fresco||January 11, 2010||4.71|
|Hiro and Ando travel to Florida to rescue Mohinder from a mental institution. Noah seeks out Matt to help him with a lead on dealing with Samuel. Peter learns about a horrifying potential future event involving Emma.|
|74||15||"Pass/Fail"||Michael Nankin||Oliver Grigsby||January 18, 2010||3.93|
|Hiro falls into a tumor-induced hallucination in which he goes on trial for his life for changing the past. Sylar confronts Claire in hope that she will help him figure out the truth behind his problems. Samuel tries to woo his old love Vanessa with disastrous consequences.|
|75||16||"The Art of Deception"||SJ Clarkson||Mark Verheiden & Misha Green||January 25, 2010||4.29|
|Peter pursues a way of keeping his dream of Emma from coming true. Sylar seeks out Matt in hopes Matt will help remove his powers. Claire tries to negotiate the surrender of Samuel to Noah. Peter enters Sylar's mind.|
|76||17||"The Wall"||Allan Arkush||Adam Armus & Kay Foster||February 1, 2010||4.40|
|Peter tries to help Sylar free himself from his own nightmare. Samuel tries to convince Claire to join his family by revealing dark secrets from Noah's past to her. Lauren confronts Samuel at the carnival. Samuel makes preparations for their final "performance" in New York.|
|77||18||"Brave New World"||Adam Kane||Tim Kring||February 8, 2010||4.41|
|Samuel's ultimate plan takes effect as Emma is forced into using her abilities to help him kill thousands of people, only to have an unlikely pair of heroes come to her rescue. Noah seeks Claire's forgiveness as they work to escape from their underground prison. Hiro comes to acceptance over his past decisions as he is reunited with his long lost love and seeks to avert disaster. Claire shows the world the truth they may not be ready for.|
- "Updated TV Ratings: House premieres big Dancing, Heroes & The Jay Leno Show fall". TV by the Numbers. 2009-09-22. Archived from the original on 2009-09-24. Retrieved 2009-09-23.
- "TV Ratings: House down, still tops; Trauma’s explosions lead to ratings implosion". TV by the Numbers. 2009-09-29. Archived from the original on 2009-10-04. Retrieved 2009-09-30.
- "TV Ratings: Most shows down Castle flat (in finals); Heroes sinks further". TV by the Numbers. 2009-10-06. Archived from the original on 2009-10-08. Retrieved 2009-10-07.
- "TV Ratings: Castle flat; Heroes, Trauma stabilize as CBS and ABC take night". TV by the Numbers. 2009-10-13. Archived from the original on 2009-10-16. Retrieved 2009-10-13.
- "TV Ratings: Heroes up; Castle flat; Big Bang Theory soars higher". TV by the Numbers. 2009-10-20. Archived from the original on 2009-10-22. Retrieved 2009-10-20.
- "TV Ratings: CSI: Miami rerun CRUSHES The Jay Leno Show; Castle gains". TV by the Numbers. 2009-10-27. Archived from the original on 2009-10-29. Retrieved 2009-10-27.
- "TV Ratings: World Series Game five wins for FOX; Heroes, Trauma up; Castle down". TV by the Numbers. 2009-11-03. Archived from the original on 2009-11-05. Retrieved 2009-11-03.
- "TV Ratings: House, Lie to Me, Castle up; Heroes down; Jay Leno slips below 4 million viewers". TV by the Numbers. 2009-11-10. Archived from the original on 2009-11-12. Retrieved 2009-11-10.
- "TV Ratings: The Big Bang Theory, Two and A Half Men, Castle up; Heroes Down". TV by the Numbers. 2009-11-18. Retrieved 2009-11-18.
- "TV Ratings: The Big Bang Theory sets high; Find My Family a better lead-in for Castle?". TV by the Numbers. 2009-11-24. Archived from the original on 2009-11-26. Retrieved 2009-11-24.
- "TV Ratings: House tops night; The Jay Leno Show loses to reruns of CSI: Miami, Castle". TV by the Numbers. 2009-12-01. Archived from the original on 2009-12-04. Retrieved 2009-12-01.
- "TV Ratings: Boise State; The Bachelor Top Night, Heroes Slides at 9pm". TV by the Numbers. 2010-01-05. Archived from the original on 2010-01-08. Retrieved 2010-01-05.
- "TV Ratings: CBS Wins; The Big Bang Theory Hits Highs Fringe Pummels Heroes". TV by the Numbers. 2010-01-11. Archived from the original on 2010-01-15. Retrieved 2010-01-11.
- "TV Ratings: CBS Wins; How I Met Your Mother hits season highs; Life Unexpected Premieres Solidly". TV by the Numbers. 2010-01-11. Archived from the original on 2010-06-11. Retrieved 2010-01-19.
- "TV Ratings: TV Ratings: FOX Wins Night; Castle Sees Highs, Chuck Steady". TV by the Numbers. 2010-01-26. Archived from the original on 2010-01-28. Retrieved 2010-01-26.
- "TV Ratings: CBS Wins Night as The Big Bang Theory Tops All; The Bacherlor Hits Highs; Chuck Steady-ish". TV by the Numbers. 2010-02-02. Archived from the original on 2010-02-04. Retrieved 2010-02-02.
- "TV Ratings: CBS Sees Post Super Bowl Boost; The Big Bang Theory Hits Series Highs; Chuck, Castle Drop". TV by the Numbers. 2010-02-09. Archived from the original on 2010-02-10. Retrieved 2010-02-09.