Heroes in Hell (film)
|Heroes in Hell|
|Directed by||Joe D'Amato|
|Produced by||Walter Brandi|
|Written by||Joe D'Amato|
|Edited by||Piera Bruni
Heroes in Hell (Italian: Eroi all'inferno) is a 1973 Italian Macaroni War film that was written and directed by Joe D'Amato, produced by Walter Brandi and starring Klaus Kinski, Luciano Rossi and Franco Garofalo.
A group of American POW's escape from a vile Nazi prison camp in Germany during World War II. They escape into the countryside, pursued by a squadron of Nazi soldiers assigned to recapture them. The Americans join forces with a group of French freedom fighters, and agree to help them kidnap a high-level German general (Klaus Kinski) from his chateau. Using German uniforms captured in combat, the men succeed in capturing the general, but when he puts up a fight, they are forced to tranquilize him and physically carry him out of the building. The Nazi platoon catches up with them and a firefight ensues, killing almost everyone on both sides. The last surviving Americans succeed in escaping with their unconscious prisoner.
- Lars Bloch ... Capt. Alan Carter
- Rosemarie Lindt ... Maria
- Luciano Rossi ... Lt. Duncan (as Lu Kamante)
- Luis Joyce ... Julian's Sister in Law
- Ettore Manni as Bakara, the drunken doctor
- Klaus Kinski as Gen. Kaufmann (listed as Klaus Kinsky)
- Franco Garofalo ... Bunny Segar (as Christopher Oakes)
- Stan Simon ... Lt. Stain
- Dick Foster ... German Comandant
- Edmondo Tieghi ... Pratt
- Luigi Antonio Guerra ... Julian
- Roberto Dell'Acqua ... Julian's Brother
- George Manes ... German Lt.
- Paul Muller ... German Soldier
- Attilio Dottesio ... German C.O. (uncredited)
- Pietro Torrisi as Van co-driver (uncredited)
- "New York Times: Heroes in Hell". NY Times. Retrieved 25 October 2008.
|This article related to an Italian film of the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a war film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|