Heroes of Might and Magic Online
|Heroes of Might and Magic Online|
|Developer(s)||TQ Digital Entertainment|
|Publisher(s)||NetDragon Websoft Inc|
|Series||Heroes of Might and Magic|
|Release date(s)||May 30, 2008|
The game is free of charge.
The background story is set in the same world as Heroes III (most notably the kingdom of Erathia) although Ubisoft—the Might and Magic brand rights licensor—introduced a new universe for the whole Might and Magic series after having acquired the rights from the 3DO Company. The game does not appear to have an actual story however and any events that take place in it would not be considered canon.
Heroes of Might and Magic Online features four magic systems and allows the player to choose heroes from eight factions comprising a total of 56 unit types. It is staged on three different levels:
- A global, randomly generated level, where players move and interact in a typical MMORPG fashion (in realtime)
- A strategic level, similar to a Heroes III map, where the heroes move within a certain amount of time
- A turn-based 3D combat level using a tactical grid, similar to the combat mode in Heroes III
A closed beta test for the English version was held from May 7 to June 9, 2010. Two days later, on June 11, the game went live. It is technically still in open Beta test state.
- "NetDragon Launches 'Heroes of Might and Magic Online' on May 30th 2008.". PR Newswire. Sun Jun 1, 2008 10:47pm EDT. Retrieved June 8, 2012.
- "Heroes of Might and Magic Online". Archived from the original on December 2, 2009. Retrieved December 1, 2009.
- "Heroes of Might and Magic Online". NetDragon Websoft Inc. Archived from the original on December 2, 2009. Retrieved December 1, 2009.
- "TQDigital's Plans for Heroes Online". Archived from the original on December 2, 2009. Retrieved December 1, 2009.
- Official Chinese game website
- The Original Music Composer of Heroes of Might and Magic Online website
- The first Russian fan site (in Russian)
- The International fan site (Multilanguage)