|Type||Mutual-help addiction recovery twelve-step program|
Heroin Anonymous (HA) is a non-profit group founded in Phoenix, AZ in 2004 to help heroin addicts get and stay clean. Modeled after Alcoholics Anonymous, HA is a fellowship of heroin addicts who meet regularly to help each other practice complete abstinence from all drugs and alcohol. Heroin Anonymous does not provide drug counseling, medical or psychiatric treatment, or chemical dependency treatment.
HA groups exist in 19 US states and the UK, including a meeting started in Phoenix, Arizona, in 2004. At HA meetings, members talk about their addiction, their difficulties, and their accomplishments. Members maintain anonymity by addressing one another with only first names. Alcoholics Anonymous is used as a guidebook.
Heroin Anonymous is entirely self-supporting but charges no membership fees. They accept donations from members, and they decline outside contributions. They are not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution. HA's stated intention is to avoid controversy and endorsement or opposition to external causes.
The first ever Heroin Anonymous World Convention was held in Scottsdale, Arizona in 2014.  The second Heroin Anonymous World Convention was held in Portland, Oregon in 2018 to celebrate HA's 14th year of operation. The third Heroin Anonymous World Convention will be held in Atlanta, Georgia in 2020. 
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Cocaine Anonymous
- Methadone Anonymous
- List of twelve-step groups
- Recovery model
- Self-help groups for mental health
- Substance abuse
- "Local Drug and Alcohol Counseling Resources - Ashwood Recovery".
- "Heroin Anonymous – Heroin Anonymous World Services".
- "The impact of alcoholics anonymous on other substance abuse-related twelve-step programs". Recent Dev Alcohol. 18: 71–89. 2008. doi:10.1007/978-0-387-77725-2_5. PMC 2613294. PMID 19115764.
- "Getting Support from Heroin Anonymous – Heroin Anonymous Programs".
- "Heroin Anonymous of Dallas".
- "July 2014 - Heroin Anonymous". textlab.io. Retrieved 2016-09-27.
- "Heroin Anonymous World Services | Convention". heroinanonymous.org. Retrieved 2016-09-27.