Heron Books, Inc. is an assumed business name of Delphi Schools Inc., under which the company publishes many paperback books for teachers, students, and home schoolers, as well as single-subject dictionaries for all grade levels. It is a trademark owned by Northwest Research, Inc., which is another assumed business name of Delphi Schools Inc. Heron Books has its headquarters on the property of The Delphian School in unincorporated Yamhill County, Oregon, near Sheridan.
Several of Heron Books published works for students are based on the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of Scientology. The Heron Basics Program is listed on the website of the Delphi Academy as their basis of instruction. Delphi Schools is a private school system licensed by Applied Scholastics, another Scientology-related entity.
Two other publishers have been called Heron Books, both based in London. One published faux-leather classics in the late 1960s and early 1970s while the other published new fiction and nonfiction as an imprint of Quercus from 2011 to 2016.
- Oregon business registry search
- eLearnAid.com about Heron Books
- "How to Contact Us Archived 2010-12-07 at the Wayback Machine.." Heron Books. Retrieved on December 27, 2010. "Postal Address: Heron Books 20750 SW Rock Creek Road Sheridan, OR 97378 USA
- "Sheridan city, Oregon[permanent dead link]." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on December 27, 2010.
- "Contact Us Archived 2011-04-17 at the Wayback Machine.." The Delphian School. Retrieved on December 27, 2010. "Delphian School 20950 SW Rock Creek Road Sheridan, Oregon 97378"
- Wu, Julianne (October 29, 2000). "Private schools series". St. Petersburg Times. Florida. p. 20.
- Charity, Arthur (March 21, 2002). "Villa Gesu will house teachers of group with Scientology link". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. p. 4.
- Heron Books official site
|This article about a United States publishing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|