Heron Books, Inc. is an assumed business name of Delphi Schools Inc., under which the company publishes many paperback books for teachers, students, and home schoolers, as well as single-subject dictionaries for all grade levels. It is a trademark owned by Northwest Research, Inc., which is another assumed business name of Delphi Schools Inc. Heron Books has its headquarters on the property of The Delphian School in unincorporated Yamhill County, Oregon, near Sheridan.
Several of Heron Books published works for students are based on the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of Scientology. The Heron Basics Program is listed on the website of the Delphi Academy as their basis of instruction. Delphi Schools is a private school system licensed by Applied Scholastics, another Scientology-related entity.
Prior to the founding of the Delphi Heron Books, there was a London publisher called Heron Books which published faux-leather classic books in the late 1960s and early 1970s.
- Oregon business registry search
- eLearnAid.com about Heron Books
- "How to Contact Us." Heron Books. Retrieved on December 27, 2010. "Postal Address: Heron Books 20750 SW Rock Creek Road Sheridan, OR 97378 USA
- "Sheridan city, Oregon." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on December 27, 2010.
- "Contact Us." The Delphian School. Retrieved on December 27, 2010. "Delphian School 20950 SW Rock Creek Road Sheridan, Oregon 97378"
- Wu, Julianne (October 29, 2000). "Private schools series". St. Petersburg Times (Florida). p. 20.
- Charity, Arthur (March 21, 2002). "Villa Gesu will house teachers of group with Scientology link". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. p. 4.
- Heron Books official site
|This article about a United States publishing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|