Heron Quays DLR station
Location of Heron Quays in Greater London
|Local authority||Tower Hamlets|
|Managed by||Docklands Light Railway|
|Number of platforms||2|
|OSI||Canary Wharf |
|DLR annual boardings and alightings|
|Original company||Docklands Light Railway|
|31 August 1987||Opened|
|2002||Rebuilt during construction works at Canary Wharf|
|Lists of stations|
|London Transport portal|
Heron Quays is a station on the Docklands Light Railway (DLR) in the Heron Quays area of Canary Wharf in Greater London, England. The station is situated on the Isle of Dogs within the East End of London and serves the southern part of the Canary Wharf office complex and is directly connected to that complex's Jubilee Place underground shopping centre. The station is elevated and contained within one of the complex's office towers.
Originally open-air, the station was moved 200 metres south (to fit inside the new buildings) and a longer platform was built at this new site to accommodate three-unit trains planned as part of the DLR Capacity Enhancement; the station re-opened on 18 December 2002.
- "Step free Tube Guide" (PDF). Transport for London. Archived (PDF) from the original on 3 June 2015.
- "Out-of-Station Interchanges" (Microsoft Excel). Transport for London. 2 January 2016. Retrieved 28 August 2016.
- Transport for London (12 February 2013). "Freedom of Information DLR usage 1213". Transport for London. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Up-to-date DLR entry/exit statistics for each station" (XLSX). What Do They Know. Transport for London. 18 March 2016. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- Heron Quays station on Docklands Light Railway's website
- DLR Capacity Enhancement
- More photographs of Heron Quays station
|Preceding station||DLR||Following station|
|Docklands Light Railway||
|This article about the Docklands Light Railway is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This London railway station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|