|Education||The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale|
University of Bridgeport
|Known for||Painting, Author|
|Awards||2013 Sickle Cell Disease Association of America's Champion Award|
Hertz Nazaire (born October 2, 1973) is an Haitian paint artist and author that currently lives and work in Connecticut. He uses art to raise awareness for Sickle Cell Disease. Hertz is well-known for his advocacy work for Sickle-cell disease around the world. He is also a published author of an adult coloring book series titled 'Finding Your Colors' created as art therapy for stress and anxiety relief.
Nazaire started his painting career when he was 9 years old in New York City, USA when he immigrated from Port-au-Prince, Haiti to join his hardworking mother. He describes his mother as the biggest inspiration, that he lost 5 years after entering the United States.
Hertz studied in The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale and University of Bridgeport. Where he later moved to Bridgeport, Connecticut to focus on painting to raise awareness and create the coloring book 'Finding Your Colors' created as art therapy for stress and anxiety relief.
- "Picture That, LLC: Promoting Cultural Awareness and Diversity Through the Arts". www.picture-that.com. Retrieved 2017-06-24.
- "Finding Your Colors: Fine Art Adult Coloring Book by Hertz Nazaire". awesomegang.com. Retrieved 2017-06-24.
- Hardman, Ray. "Connecticut Painter Uses Art to Bring Awareness to Sickle Cell Disease". Retrieved 2017-06-24.
- "Bridgeport artist brings attention to sickle cell disease". Connecticut Post. Retrieved 2017-06-24.
- "Painting In Pain". Folks. 2016-08-17. Retrieved 2017-06-24.
- "Rare Disease Week highlights artists within the rare disease community - Chronic-Inspire's journal - Inspire". www.inspire.com. Retrieved 2017-06-24.
|This Haitian painter-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|