From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Hessian or hessian in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A Hessian is an inhabitant of the German state of Hesse.
Hessian may also refer to:
- Named from the toponym:
- Hessian (soldier), eighteenth-century German regiments in service with the British Empire
- Hessian dialects, West Central German group of dialects
- Hessian crucible
- Named for Otto Hesse:
- Hessian matrix, in mathematics, is a matrix of second partial derivatives
- Hessian pair or Hessian duad in mathematics
- Hessian form of an elliptic curve
- Hessian group
- Glossary of classical algebraic geometry § Hessian, other mathematical objects called Hessian
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Hessian.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.